• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Advice on solving mismatched Reed blocks/sliders……

Reaction score
Picked up a Hohner Verdi IIIM. Only one switch produces sound. I think the Reed blocks and the sliders are not in the right places. Three Reed blocks. #2 will only fit in the middle, so 1 and 3 are interchangeable. The blocks have the serial numbers of the unit so they are original. They are also factory stamped with 1,2 and 3 on them, but the side is not marked with the corresponding 1 2 3 to match them up,so 1 and 3 could be in the wrong slots_

three holes under each key pallet. I can see what’s opening by looking in the holes.

I swapped 1 and three and got more sounds, but even after the swap things are still not correct.

Should I press the master switch and keep swapping Reed blocks and sliders until all three openings under the pallets show that there is a high,medium and low opening?

This is like changing plug wires on a car with no firing order! Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_2222.jpeg
    IMG_2222.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 11
Yeah, seems like a slider issue. Good luck!

Yeah, seems like a slider issue. Good luck!
Think I have fixed the issue. I took the sliders out of Reed blocks 1 and 3 and used the sliders only. Pressed the master switch and positioned the sliders in the switch levers. That let me see the correct sequence for the master switch where all should be open. They were for sure not in the correct positions in the Reed blocks.

Back