• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New and asking for advice on a purchase!

Accordioning (haha!) to UPS, it is ON THE TRUCK!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Hey, I live in Florida, so the truck is probably hot, should I let it sit or anything to acclimate to my nice cool house before I begin playing it? Pump the bellows some with the air hole a few times or anything???

And YES, I will put a pic up within an hour of it being here! you know it...I'm really thankful for the kindness of all ya'll.

Hey, I live in Florida, so the truck is probably hot, should I let it sit or anything to acclimate to my nice cool house before I begin playing it? Pump the bellows some with the air hole a few times or anything???

And YES, I will put a pic up within an hour of it being here! you know it...I'm really thankful for the kindness of all ya'll.
Nah, just break it out and play. Unless we’re talking like hot enough to melt wax, which I doubt. By the time you get it unboxed, the straps adjusted, the pictures taken (important), and yes, check for obvious shipping damage (more important) you should be fine! Can’t wait to see your new prize!

If I remember correctly, Florida is hot and humid. If you don't use air condition, you should be fine. If you do use air condition, you may want to pump the accordion before letting it cool down to your room temperature in order to remove the hot humid air before it has a chance to cool down enough to condense and leave dew inside the instrument: the air condition also removes humidity from the air that the air would not be able to hold at cooled-down temperatures.

If I remember correctly, Florida is hot and humid. If you don't use air condition, you should be fine. If you do use air condition, you may want to pump the accordion before letting it cool down to your room temperature in order to remove the hot humid air before it has a chance to cool down enough to condense and leave dew inside the instrument: the air condition also removes humidity from the air that the air would not be able to hold at cooled-down temperatures.
my friend-we ALL use air conditioning haha! Thanks for the excellent advice- i will do that. Still waiting on the %$&&*( truck.... antici.............pation.....

Good advice. Travelling in several countries, always opened up the box and played a few bars of the "Air Button Serenade in Q minor! Maybe not a proof, but my '54 Excelsior Symphony Grand has been opened only about 3 times... still in mint condition...

It’s here it’s here!!!!! I’m gonna have to check with you guys later about how to put the straps on it, but I gotta go out for a while but yes, most of you correctly😁

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 23
Congratulations. I guessed correctly. I'm confident you will not regret making that decision! And I have an almost twin or even triplet to that model. And if you are in need of any parts, I'd be glad to help. Have thousands-- all from Excelsior in Italy plus other makes as well. And music with Excelsior artists on the cover, including Magnante playing the same model!!

Was trying to upload a 30 second vid of my excitement playing day 1 but I cannot upload it...I'll have to find some other method...but I'm excited (and terrible...haha!)

Congratulations Joe on your recent purchase. I agree you've picked a fine instrument. I have to admit I've been following the various threads. I especially relate to your posts that have you tracking the accordion's progress on UPS. I tried to keep my checks down to a handful each day, and on delivery day tracked it until it was around the block!

My question is to you, Joe, or other forum members. Your photo shows two medium registers along with a high and low. Is that a musette setting?

Back