• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New member from France

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeRbt

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Serge and I am leaving in a small city close to Paris.
After having learned accordion during some years when I was young, I started again 5 years ago using the FR1Xb accordion from Roland.
Although I do not appreciate the ergonomy of the instrument (poor 3 digits display, complex menus, difficult configuration ...), I am really enthousiast with the quality of the sound that we can get, specially when using Headphones.
I am now really passionate about this V-Accordion family from Roland.
I hope I will be sometime able to provide you support on these accordions.
Note : I am sorry for my poor or approximate English.
Thanks for welcoming me in your forum.
Bye !

Welcome Serge. Good to hear your enthusiasm for the accordion and your FR1Xb.
You say you have come back to the accordion after learning as a young man. Whatever happened to your original accordion?

Hello,
I still use it from time to time when I go to my parent's home.
It is a small Fratelli Crosio with only 3 rows on right hand :-(
The problem with this accordion is that it would need some repair. Some reeds are really detuned. That's a point that encouraged me to switch to Electronic accordions, before considering the diversity of sounds that can be used with such an accordion.

Welcome Serge!

Welcome Serge!??
No need to apologise, your English is excellent, and certainly much better than my nonexistent French!?
I've been attempting to learn the proper pronunciation of my wife's perfume from a website pronunciation guide ( La nuit trêsor, by Lancôme ?): getting there!?

Last edited:
Hi Serge! I'm very new here and just want to say hello as I've always wanted to visit France, but haven't managed it yet. I have a long-time friend that I've known for 22 years who lives near Compiègne :) I am also fascinated with the idea of a V-accordion and thinking of maybe getting one some day in the future. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with yours!

Hello Serge,

Welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch here and I know that everyone finds your command of English very good. I don't play the chromatic accordion like you do but have played the piano accordion for many years. After careful consideration I also switched to a Roland V-accordion. I have owned my FR8X for6 years now and don't regret the change because it gives me a lot of flexibility. You will not regret choosing an electronic instrument so by all means take the plunge!

Welcome to the forum Serge ! Like you, I too played when I was much younger, and for many years wasn't able to. But now that i have retired from work, I have the time to play and enjoy. I was in France a few years ago (just before Covid started) - you have a really beautiful country, especially in the Pyrenees mountains! I wish my French was as good as your English!! Enjoy your accordion.

Bienvenue Serge. Il-y-a un couple ici qui parle français aussi, donc si tu cherche une mot ou phrase on sera capable a t'aider de traduire, si besoin. :)

(just a welcome and letting him know some of us speak French and can translate if needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back