• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New member 🪗

Random Johnny

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m Peter and I live in Holland, Europe. My first 30 years as musician I’ve played percussion, Afro-Cuban and West- African. I’m playing CBA about 10 years now. I take lessons for 4 years now and practice when I can. I use the book Steps to Crafmanship by Alexander Dorensky, which is a fenomenal book with a lot of etudes. When I know how to play up I’d like to play African originated music like blues, zydeco and salsa. I’d really like to play guajeo on accordeon too. I will definitely search the forum for those 😊
Happy greetings from Holland,
Peter

Hi everyone,
I’m Peter and I live in Holland, Europe. My first 30 years as musician I’ve played percussion, Afro-Cuban and West- African. I’m playing CBA about 10 years now. I take lessons for 4 years now and practice when I can. I use the book Steps to Crafmanship by Alexander Dorensky, which is a fenomenal book with a lot of etudes. When I know how to play up I’d like to play African originated music like blues, zydeco and salsa. I’d really like to play guajeo on accordeon too. I will definitely search the forum for those 😊
Peter
welcome Peter, you've come to the right place.
I don't even know what quajeo is but someone here will certainly be able to help with any questions you may have, so just ask away

Hi everyone,
Peter
Welcome Peter and greetings from Bavaria to Holland 😀

Welcome Peter. I'm from Eindhoven, so relatively close by compared to others on this forum.
But alas in terms of musical taste many others are a lot closer to you. (I'm mostly into baroque and classical music.)

Thanks! Happy to be here!
About guajeo, Wikipedia says: “A guajeo is a typical Cuban ostinato melody, most often consisting of arpeggiated chords in syncopated patterns”. It’s mostly played on piano, sometimes on the small Cuban guitar (très).
Sounds great on accordion!! I have an example but haven’t figured out yet how to upload a soundfile..

Here is a link to a soundfile of a guajeo on accordion, not perfect but representing what I would like to play.. Is there anyone who has experience with this style or has sheetmusic if this particular style?
Thanks for letting me know 👍🏼

Back