• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New member here in need of Help, please!

Tom,
Thank you for the help and information on the Forum pages…I will check it out!
And I’m truly sorry, I actually forgot about it being Thanksgiving today🤦🏻‍♀️
Happy Thanksgiving!!
No prob!!!!

So after reading over all the new replies tonight, I decided to call my sister in law and ask if she knew any information of this Accordion.
I told her the information I assumed that I knew about it: Her daddy buying it 30+ years ago in Europe for $8,200. and it being given to her brother (my husband) 9yrs ago after their daddy passed away.

So apparently the only thing I had right:
Was my father in law buying an Accordion 30+ years ago…But not this one!!
Back in 1982 my father in law purchased an Accordion while he was in Europe, she does not remember what the model was or what he paid for it at the time .. but said it looked like a big weird looking box.

So according to my sister in law…
9 years ago their daddy sold his old Accordion to a dealer in Tennessee and he took some of the money from that sell and purchased this Victoria Accordion as a surprise for my husband for Christmas later that year…my father in law passed away a couple months later prior to Christmas.

When this Victoria was given to my husband all his momma said was:
Your daddy loved this Accordion and had planned on surprising you with it at Christmas. So I guess the only things I know for a fact about this Accordion is:
1. It was bought brand new as a gift for my husband 9yrs ago from an Accordion dealers shop somewhere in Tennessee.
2. My husband would play it maybe a couple times a month…few times a yr.
3. And I know he kept this in pristine condition as far as the outside of it, per the pictures I posted.

I am going to take the advice from some of y’all that suggested for me to take this to an Accordion shop to have it checked out as far as the inside goes. And I will update you guys…

I really do Appreciate all of you that have helped me with details and information and the advice given to me concerning the Accordion!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Barbara Ann

if it was $8200 million Lira it would be an E. Soprani in disguse

(just kidding BWL)
I’m laughing at myself *for laughing* at your comment, because I don’t even know what a (E. Soprani) is…🙃

Barbara,

To get at the reeds you have to remove the pins that hold the bellows to either of two body halves. You would want keep track of each pin to return it to the hole it came out (slight variances in size can cause air leaks). Usually people use a special kind of pliers to keep from scratching off the chrome on the pins or the finish on the accordion. I’ve linked another thread discussing identifying the reed category from pictures and the specific picture that was most beneficial is noted. To get at that same angle one of the reed boxes may need removed. If this is done and reinstalled without much care it is possible to damage the leather reeds. If you’re not comfortable with this procedure it would be better to avoid it as there is risk.

Another test you can try. I think it is unlikely this is one, but Victoria did make “converter” accordions that allowed some of there models to be played in “freebass”. There are four registers on the left side. If it is a converter, one or two of those registers will allow each of 120 buttons to play single notes (instead of two rows of single notes and 4 rows of multi note chords. So if you find a chord and play it each time after you change the register if it may turn into a single note and you’ll know it’s a converter. It is remains a chord each time it is not a converter.

Tom,
I really Appreciate your kind words,
Thank you very much!!

And I was unaware that I could list the Accordion for sell in this group.
If you do not mind me asking you for help with it.. are you able to direct me where I would list it in the Forum?
And if this was your Accordion, how would you list it…(wording/description) please.

Thank you!
Barbara Ann
Circa 2013 Victoria piano accordion for sale. Three treble voices (LMH) and five bass voices, with master palm switch. Seventeen bellows folds for enhanced air control, with “Stroller louvres” on bass side.

Made in Italy, serial number xxxxxxxx. 41 treble and 120 bass keys, xxx inches from edge to edge of white keys.

Purchased new by owner and played a few times a month, accordion remains in like new condition. No musty smells in case or accordion.

$xxxxxx, available for inspection in xxxxxxx. Shipping available/not available.

…….this is a suggestion of sales language for you. You would verify whether I have the details correct. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Tom,
Yes, your description of this Accordion helped tremendously…Thank you!🙂

Barbara Ann

Reactions: Tom
Barbara,

To get at the reeds you have to remove the pins that hold the bellows to either of two body halves. You would want keep track of each pin to return it to the hole it came out (slight variances in size can cause air leaks). Usually people use a special kind of pliers to keep from scratching off the chrome on the pins or the finish on the accordion. I’ve linked another thread discussing identifying the reed category from pictures and the specific picture that was most beneficial is noted. To get at that same angle one of the reed boxes may need removed. If this is done and reinstalled without much care it is possible to damage the leather reeds. If you’re not comfortable with this procedure it would be better to avoid it as there is risk.

Another test you can try. I think it is unlikely this is one, but Victoria did make “converter” accordions that allowed some of there models to be played in “freebass”. There are four registers on the left side. If it is a converter, one or two of those registers will allow each of 120 buttons to play single notes (instead of two rows of single notes and 4 rows of multi note chords. So if you find a chord and play it each time after you change the register if it may turn into a single note and you’ll know it’s a converter. It is remains a chord each time it is not a converter.
Ben,
Thank you for your help with explaining everything on how to check the Reeds. I’m thinking that I am just going to take it to someone that is experienced with the knowledge of knowing how to check the Reeds.
I will update as soon as I find that person and what the news is.🙂

Barbara Ann

So I guess the only things I know for a fact about this Accordion is:
1. It was bought brand new as a gift for my husband 9yrs ago from an Accordion dealers shop somewhere in Tennessee.
My opinion is that someone was grossly misinformed. I find it extremely difficult to believe that this accordion was a brand new accordion in 2014. It looks like a student model from the 1970s. A LMH accordion is not very desirable to most accordion players. Accordion studios in the USA were the main outlet for accordions with this reed configuration as they couldn't have accordions with various wet tunings playing together in an accordion band, especially if they were competing. It is probably a decent accordion, but with it's reed configuration, not a real hot commodity.
It is hard to tell from photos but it looks like it might be a "ladies" size accordion. Measure the piano keyboard's length, just the keys, don't include the accordion body, and let us know what it measures. 19 1/4" is a standard full size accotrdion.

My opinion is that someone was grossly misinformed. I find it extremely difficult to believe that this accordion was a brand new accordion in 2014. It looks like a student model from the 1970s.
I had not posted before because I was thinking kind of the same. In looking at Victoria boxes after 2000, they seem to have that more modern look and more plastic style grills. This one seems to have more akin to my old baby Titano (sorry, no insult intended).

1702902648636.png

1702902882136.png
I know that in the late 40's - early 50's Titano and Victoria merged, and shared many design traits.

The photo at the top is mine, a model from the mid-60's. Please note the very similar design traits of the identical registers, the tiny twisted rod design, the generally V-shaped grill and close design touches compared to Barbara's model at the bottom.

A Victoria accordion from the 2000's is missing these traits along with the fact that they near always use black bass registration buttons (unless it is a wooden box like a Poeta), as well as a slightly more minimalistic design on the bass side.

Am I off on this one?

Last edited:
Back