• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New here, but still quite old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisrayner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hullo all,

Thought I’d introduce myself.  I am an old guitarist largely experienced in folk and blues, but interested in most sorts of music from mediaeval plainchant to modern classical.  In my youth I played largely with others to accompany singers and instrumental soloists with better voices and musical skills than I have.  If I considered the accordion at all which was hardly ever, it was as an instrument of a bygone age for Italians and Frenchmen to play sentimental national music; O Sole Mio, and Sous les Ponts de Paris.  All very well, but not my scene.

About 18 years ago I bought a sailing boat large enough to sleep below decks, and wished to have an instrument to amuse myself and any other crew while at anchor.  With the possible exception of a double bass or a piano, the guitar is about the most cumbersome instrument you can think of to stow and play below in a small boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back