• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

New here, but still quite old

Chrisrayner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hullo all,

Thought I’d introduce myself.  I am an old guitarist largely experienced in folk and blues, but interested in most sorts of music from mediaeval plainchant to modern classical.  In my youth I played largely with others to accompany singers and instrumental soloists with better voices and musical skills than I have.  If I considered the accordion at all which was hardly ever, it was as an instrument of a bygone age for Italians and Frenchmen to play sentimental national music; O Sole Mio, and Sous les Ponts de Paris.  All very well, but not my scene.

About 18 years ago I bought a sailing boat large enough to sleep below decks, and wished to have an instrument to amuse myself and any other crew while at anchor.  With the possible exception of a double bass or a piano, the guitar is about the most cumbersome instrument you can think of to stow and play below in a small boat.