• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bill here I am new to this and a old guy. Trying to keep my accordion skills up.

yup,lots of older people. That’s not a problem. I know many people in their eighties who start learning an instrument for the first time. Best thing is to be patient,try and find a good teacher and enjoy what you are learning. And please,ignore the incessant remarks that kids learn faster than adults. It’s apple and oranges and irrelevant.

yup,lots of older people. That’s not a problem. I know many people in their eighties who start learning an instrument for the first time. Best thing is to be patient,try and find a good teacher and enjoy what you are learning.

I’m one of those - a long time musician experienced with a variety of instruments, but I touched an accordion for the first time at 73.

yup,lots of older people.
I'm an older person, old enough to need cataract surgery, the first of which I had yesterday.
Today , the eye patch came off and...
...my left eye which was previously "uncorrectable" for years is now better than 6/6 and sharper than my right (even without glasses ).
...all print is a dark, saturated black.
...colours are much more saturated.
...the "dusty veil that hid the scene" has cleared.
All in 24 hours!
It's a miracle!😀

Last edited:
I'm an older person, old enough to need cataract surgery, the first of which I had yesterday.
Today , the eye patch came off and...
...my left eye which was previously "uncorrectable" for years is now better than 6/6 and sharper than my right (even without glasses ).
...all print is a dark, saturated black.
...colours are much more saturated.
...the "dusty veil that hid the scene" has cleared.
All in 24 hours!
It's a miracle!😀
Wow, that’s great to hear Dingo!

I am new to this & am trying to keep up my accordion skills for a old guy.
Welcome Bill!!!! Yeah, another old guy here too. You’re in the right place, all the young guys are watching things jiggle on TikTok. We got it going on with bellows and buttons.

yup,lots of older people. That’s not a problem. I know many people in their eighties who start learning an instrument for the first time. Best thing is to be patient,try and find a good teacher and enjoy what you are learning. And please,ignore the incessant remarks that kids learn faster than adults. It’s apple and oranges and irrelevant.

That’s me too. ;)

Welcome. Forums are kind of old social media with a certain general topic. You can read the threads in categories at the main page and write to threads if you want to add your thoughts to the thread. A thread is a chain post of a certain topic, started by someone, made by everyone in the end. You can watch the main page for new activities or from notifications. A forum is a knowledge and opinion trade area. You can get, ask or give ideas to everyone. Your account will be fully active in a couple of days. You will have some delays since then. Try to pass the opinions you dont like and stay positive. :giggle:

Back