• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hey Siri! Can't you see I'm trying to play the accordion here?

Pocket watches are great.

You know, someone should take inspiration from those and invent something like an Apple Watch that has all the same stuff it has--clock on the front, virtual assistant, all sort of apps--but that fits in your pocket instead of your wrist.

Oh, wait a minute...
It's called an iPhone! LOL

You know, someone should take inspiration from those and invent something like an Apple Watch that has all the same stuff it has--clock on the front, virtual assistant, all sort of apps--but that fits in your pocket instead of your wrist.

And if a std pocket watch size there would be enough space inside for a battery to last for years. Unless they can’t resist adding all the power-hungry features of a smart phone. But I suspect it couldn’t track pulse, sleep, etc without skin contact.

My little “smart watch” works for almost a month between charges but I keep gps, notifications and such turned off,

Y'all just haven't attained true curmudgeonly geezerhood yet!

Plain ol' acoustic accordions and mechanical watches rule here. Siri, along with associated things electronic and complicated are banished.

Simplicity for a simple mind.

Back