• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

What does the accordion play?

Custom57

Reaction score
in the US and Canada, they often play this phrase while playing. Maybe someone knows how to play it?

at 1:34

----------------------------------------------------------

at 3:02

It is a simple run over pairs of white keys going down like C-D B-C A-B G-A F-G E-F D-E...
You play that with a pair of fingers that jumps down one key at a time, like 3-4 3-4 3-4 3-4 (which I think is what the do in the first video) or else 2-3 2-3 2-3 2-3 2-3...

It is a simple run over pairs of white keys going down like C-D B-C A-B G-A F-G E-F D-E...

They go by pretty fast, so I could be wrong, but I think it might be descending alternating thirds rather than seconds: C-E B-D A-C...

The first video is hard to see but the second one is clearer. First, make the video full screen, then slow down the playback speed to 1/4 (click “settings” then “Playback speed” 0.25).

Again, the riff is at about 3:02.

JKJ

Last edited:
Poor quality, but the one measure run is E-D-C-A-G-F#-E-
1696309950518.png

Last edited:
Back