• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Does anyone have The Mighty Accordion book in digital form?

Bobo

Reaction score
I own the paperback but I would much rather display the book on my 32" monitor. I can produce my proof of purchase if someone would be willing to share the PDF or ebook.

Try this linkā€¦

Interesting - last time I looked I couldn't find an ebook version of this, even though there have been ebook versions of most everything else. But there it is listed for sale on the Mel Bay site now. Amazon still only offers it in paper.

Come to think of it, there was also a bit of weirdness in that the book is 12 chapters long but the downloadable MP3 files that came with it only covered the first 7 chapters. Did that happen to anybody else? (It may well happen to everybody - the list of CD tracks inside the front cover only goes to exercise 7.19 too.)

Interesting - last time I looked I couldn't find an ebook version of this, even though there have been ebook versions of most everything else. But there it is listed for sale on the Mel Bay site now. Amazon still only offers it in paper.

Come to think of it, there was also a bit of weirdness in that the book is 12 chapters long but the downloadable MP3 files that came with it only covered the first 7 chapters. Did that happen to anybody else? (It may well happen to everybody - the list of CD tracks inside the front cover only goes to exercise 7.19 too.)

Yup, I have the old dead-tree version with CDs included and it's the same way. Everything past chapter 7 is so-called "advanced" material--mostly chord combining--which doesn't have any audio examples. Nor does it really need any, IMHO.

I was hoping the exercises would be more musical. It's still a good LH workout and forces you to make big leaps, but Adventures in Bassland is much more fun to play.

I was hoping the exercises would be more musical. It's still a good LH workout and forces you to make big leaps, but Adventures in Bassland is much more fun to play.
I am disappointed by Mighty in the same way. My copy of Bassland is arriving today. I came across Tredwell Music, a Canadian bookstore, which has an interesting collection of method books, including some melodic bass. They have some just on bellows shake, which I didn't know needed a book!

Back