• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sheet Music for Certain Italian Tunes

Tommaso B

Reaction score
There are a couple of Italian accordionists that I particularly like watching and listening to on UTube (Gaetano Galbato and Alberto Kalle) who consistently play the type of valzers, mazurkas, and polkas that I've always particularly associated with the happy accordion music I most enjoy. Some of the tunes are beyond my capabilities, but others are not. The problem for me is that I have been unable to find a source of sheet music for that genre, and I don't receive a reply when I ask them. I've looked on the "usual" internet sheet music sites, but consistently draw blanks. If you know of a sheet music site or address where I can seek what I'm looking for, I would very grateful for that information. Here's one example of the type of song for which I'm seeking the sheet music: .

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
That song is somewhat similar to French Bal Musette music, so you could search with that in mind. Beuscher has a wonderful series of books where each volume has over 100 tunes in "leadsheet" format (some volumes use French "fixed Do" notation, which can take some getting used to). Here's a link to the first book: https://www.amazon.com/Succès-Musette-Vol-1-French-COLLECTIF/dp/B00008CTVA

Another trick is to look for sheet music written for other instruments. This collection of Northern Italian folk tunes for Mandolin is pretty good, for example, and since they give you the chords, it's a simple matter to transfer it to accordion: https://www.melbay.com/Products/218...n--ticino-region-folk-songs-for-mandolin.aspx

There are a couple of Italian accordionists that I particularly like watching and listening to on UTube (Gaetano Galbato and Alberto Kalle) who consistently play the type of valzers, mazurkas, and polkas that I've always particularly associated with the happy accordion music I most enjoy. Some of the tunes are beyond my capabilities, but others are not. The problem for me is that I have been unable to find a source of sheet music for that genre, and I don't receive a reply when I ask them. I've looked on the "usual" internet sheet music sites, but consistently draw blanks. If you know of a sheet music site or address where I can seek what I'm looking for, I would very grateful for that information. Here's one example of the type of song for which I'm seeking the sheet music: .

Attachments

• fete 1.jpg
    fete 1.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 14
  • fete 2.jpg
    fete 2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 13
  • tr 1.jpg
    tr 1.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 10
  • tr2.jpg
    tr2.jpg