• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Scandalli super vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinm

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this model of super vi has a an axle and scissor springs for the treble keys.
I cannot see an axle cap on the end of the keyboard so it may have compression springs and individually removable keysBD800D51-1CAD-4B53-ADB8-BAE2A190D349.jpeg

Why not ask the owner to open up the grille and look at how the keyboard works? I believe this accordion is from a seller in Turnhout, Belgium.

99675570-CE66-4146-A1A3-DA0ABAB4F9C2.jpeg
Why not ask the owner to open up the grille and look at how the keyboard works? I believe this accordion is from a seller in Turnhout, Belgium.
This is not the same accordion but here is a photo of the actual keyboard, i do not have the accordion

You have to just like in previous years be careful today in buying an accordion marked Scandalli. A REAL top of the line Scandalli Super VI
will look like this --
The box in your Pic' here is a mediocre made 50% plastic and 50% wood constructed body with an aluminum bed keyboard 4/5 reed accordion that is made using body
parts & mechanicals that Farfisa used on their models of electronic/accordion models such as Syntcordion.
It's a shame that these so called badged Super Vi's are sold by dealers that pass them off to the unknowing as a real classic Super VI's
and ask inflated prices for them.
Now this accordion in your Pic' has a design made body that was used for Farfisa electronic models of the past - not really a bad mediocre 4/5 reed box, but as for it's value, is really only worth 1/10th the price of a
real Super VI.

I hope I haven't busted a bubble here.
JIM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back