• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland FR1X, problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan4675

Reaction score
Hi, I got an FR1X for Christmas, it played fine for 10 mins. Now a few of the treble keys sound like bass chords, I have tried the factory reset but it has not helped. I have Googled and have found a few discussions with similar problems, but no resolution.

Alan,
Probably a bad time to ask your question as those who could help are too busy to scan the forum, but keep at it: eventually someone will give you a hand!??

Reactions: Tom
If this is a new FR-1x, time to return it. If this is a previously owned unit... time to send it to Roland. It seems that I've seen this issue 2-3 times already and all fixes involved sending it to a Roland repair centre.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies, yes it is new. We contacted the shop yesterday and it is being pick up by courier, hopefully on Wednesday. This must be a rare hardware problem I presume.

Well, I'd love to say its "rare" but I've read about 3 people in the last month or so with the same issue, so not that rare. That said, I'd 100% not worry about it, as long as it is under warranty they have to address it and get it back to you on their dime. I have an 8X and many had the dreaded failing power board. It happened to me, and even though I was a good 2+ years outside of warranty, they fixed it at their cost, and all I paid was a 1 hour diagnostic fee. It's been rock solid since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back