• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland fr7 vs fr1x (cba)

Gap

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I'm from Italy and new of the forum.
I'm looking for a used silent accordion for practice.
For the same price, I've found a Roland fr7 and a fr1x. Which one do you raccomend?
Thanks
Gap

I have both FR-7b and FR-1Xb, and happened to buy them at the same price. If I had to choose to keep only one, I'd pick the FR-1Xb.

The bellows action on the FR-1Xb is much easier to control. It also has MIDI out and DC in. The FR-7b has these too, but via the clumsy FBC-7 foot pedal.

Also, the FR-1Xb uses AA-size battery cells, much more available than the battery pack for the FR-7b.

The FR-7b has more buttons. But to me, that's not important. I've never felt I need greater range than the FR-1Xb.

I'd get the FR-4Xb if I can find one at the "right" price. But for me, the FR-1Xb is more than sufficient.

Thank you very much Pentaprism.
Very useful informations.

Back