• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Please help me ID this Zero Sette!

• Thread starter flamingdogsicle
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flamingdogsicle

A relative of mine recently gave me this accordion, and no one is quite sure what model it is. If anyone has any idea what model this is or has any information that may help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

It's clearly an early ZS model - late 40s early 50s - and not all Italian accordion manufacturers gave bread & butter models names at the time, so you may be on a mission going nowhere. You are probably well aware that the name on the front isn't the original name badge, too?

Yes, interesting logo, not one I've seen before - looks like someone's printed it off on a BBC Micro! Also of interest is it appears that it has four individual voice on/off switches instead of automatic couplers.

Its been a long time since Ive seen one of these. In the US 99% of Zero Sette accordions that appeared here had the badge Giulietti applied. After the 2nd World War some of these were brought over by returning servicemen. They didnt have a Model# and were commonly called the Italian Four Rocker. These Italian boxes were almost identical to the then US made Four Rocker -- http://www.accordiongallery.com/Excelsior-OO-USA
All models of Zero Sette accordions were and still are of the finest quality. :tup:

Jim, you really know a lot about accordion history and models that most people have even had a chance to forget about! I'm increasing my knowledge all the time, so thanks for sharing it.

Simon. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back