• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Multiple Accordion Identifications - Please Help!

TahoeJoe

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post on here after deciding to learn accordion last year. The first accordion I bought to initially learn is a very old "L'Italia" accordion, with no other branding other than "Made in Italy" scratched into the bottom. It sounds and works fine, but I would like to know who made it or exactly how old it is. The patent on the case that came with it (not sure if it is the original case) was filed in 1936. My second accordion, which I purchased from a friend by pure chance, is ironically called "L'Artiste", again with no branding and "made in italy" carved into the back (yes, I currently have the bellow pins removed on the bass side). I would also like to see if anyone here knows who possibly made this and when. I will be restoring/retuning them on my own very soon, but that is a story for another thread. Any insight would be much appreciated!

12.jpg11.jpg13.jpg14.jpg22.jpg21.jpg23.jpg

Joe

Hi Joe
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Bavaria.
Unfortunately can't help you identifying your boxes.
Just wanted to say hello to the first guy from SD I'm discovering here.
I have very good remembering to America's finest city - spent quite a while there and wish to return for a visit one day.

Last edited:
Back