• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Pigini 55/P Senior

Walker

πŸͺ—
Reaction score
I am selling my Pigini 55/P Senior, a free bass accordion with Quint converter (the same free bass system as Richard Galliano, Grayson Masefield, Ivano Battiston etc). It is an excellent, high quality instrument by one of the most famous manufacturers of free bass accordions in the world. The accordion would give an excellent introduction to the Quint converter free bass instrument.

41 key & 120 bass

4 voice treble & 4 voice bass

Without cassotto.

The tuning is dry.

36 free bass notes with 2 voices (L, M & LM)

The 3 octaves of single free bass notes are arranged in classic stradella formation over rows 1&2 (notes C2 to B2: counter & fundamental rows), rows 3&4 (notes C3 to B3: maj & min rows), rows 5&6 (notes C4 to B4: 7th & dim rows). A 4th octave is available through use of the bass switches.

The Quint converter system, like all free bass systems, allows the performance of original and classical music using the expanded range of bass notes.

Instrument based in Scotland, UK. Viewing in person recommended. Price Β£4000.

PM me for further details.
20230112_181216.jpg20230112_181055.jpg20230112_181300.jpg20230112_181324.jpg
A recent recording I made using the accordion:
Thanks for viewing.

Very cool accordion, good luck!

Thanks for all of your comments. It is a great accordion. However, I would like to upgrade to a cassotto instrument, possibly with 45 keys.

However, I hope the accordion takes a while to sell as I have started learning Bach's Cello Suite No1. in G Major, and guess it might take a few weeks to get through it. 🀣

A truly fantastic instrument with a fair price. Is is even possible to ship it to the US?

Hi @Siyuan, thank you for your kind words. Over the last few months since I put the accordion up for sale I was regularly changing my mind back and forth about whether I was actually doing the right thing selling it. Free bass accordions are fairly rare in the UK but Quint converters are almost unheard of. I have decided that I would like to hold onto the instrument a bit longer. I'm working on some new music and I know if the accordion goes I will likely not get the chance of another one unless I import it from Italy.

As a Scottish person, it pains me to turn down the money 🀣 but sorry the Pigini's got to stay. However, while these accordions are few and far between in the UK there should be many nice Quint converters in the USA. I hope something will turn up for you, a nice Titano maybe or there's a cracker of a Scandalli BJP 442 in Liberty Bellows that I keep dreaming about. :love:

Regards

Stewart​

A good decision!πŸ™‚
Generally, one hardly if ever regrets having purchased something but one often regrets having not purchased it or having sold it !
The amount of money obtained by the sale isn't going to change your life.πŸ™‚
To paraphrase: sell in haste, repent at leisure!πŸ˜€

Just as a quick update here:

Some 4 months since I decided to hold on to the Pigini for a little longer, I have just bought another accordion. I am therefore putting this fantastic accordion up for sale again, as I don't enjoy having more accordions than I need. I would also highlight that Pigini Quint Converters are generally custom built instruments, so are fairly hard to find.

I have listed the instrument previously at Β£4000. I would be willing to consider reasonable offers for the instrument. I would ask that any potential buyer views and collects in person as I do not want to send it via a courier service.

Many thanks,

W.​

Sorry about that Petch! The videos I made are all gone now. If anyone wants the accordion, they will need to hear it in person.

Hi,

I have now reduced the price on the Pigini 55/P Senior accordion to: Β£2750

41 keys & 120 bass, 4 voice accordion, LMMH.

The instrument also has a Converter switch to change the Stradella bass & chords to free bass mode arranged in 5ths (same sequence as Stradella but spanning 3 octaves).

Many thanks

Back