• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

pigini nova

bapi

Reaction score
Is there any friend who can explain to me some suggestions about pigini nova. I intend to buy it, but the dealer in China is only responsible for selling it, and I don’t have a detailed understanding of it.As far as I know, the quality of nova bayan in the hands of Chinese dealers It’s not ideal, so I’m going to drag my friends to buy it directly in Italy, but I can’t get further information from the pigini manufacturer. In the previous discussion, I saw the difference between the original grille and the wooden grille. Need to buy more? Can I enjoy some customized services when I buy nova, such as size, button color, etc.Excluding tax and shipping, what kind of price is suitable?

The Pigini Nova is the top of the line from Pigini, with the finest mechanics and best reeds, and perhaps also the longest wait...
There surely are a number of options. The choice of grille (if there is any, I don't know) is probably the least significant. The most important choice (after of course the keyboard layout for treble and bass) is which tuning to ask for (Pigini will give you 442Hz by default, and dry tuning), but also very important is the choice of chin switches (which normal ones, which choices on the multi-switches). And then come choices like button colors, textured keys, marked bass notes, etc. Configuring a new accordion is not something you just ask a friend to do for you when buying directly in Italy... You should think everything through carefully.
That said, every accordion factory has a top model. You should choose carefully whethet you want a Pigini Nova or for instance a Bugari Spectrum, or perhaps even a Beltuna Matrix (with electromechanic bass mechanism)...
And of course the very first question to ask is whether you really want one of these most expensive accordions on earth... It isn't just a matter of getting "the very best" but you should consider whether you really need this. What worries me in your questions is that you even ask whether there is a choice of "size". Well, size is not an option. The Nova comes in just one size for CBA and one size for PA.
With the Nova (or the top instrument from another manufacturer) it is extremely important to schedule a trip to Castelfidardo when the instrument is ready. You spend a few days at the factory to try the accordion and have them fix any issues you still find, which could be a slight tuning or voicing issue, a eather valve in the bass that is rattling... anything is possible. You must go there to ensure that the instrument is perfect when you leave, and you must ensure the accordion can travel back with you in the cabin, not the cargo hold of the plane.

Thank you very much for your answer. I am also skeptical about the size problem I mentioned. I just heard that it can be slightly adjusted according to my height and shape, but it seems that this is not feasible now. I know exactly that I need nova , I am currently using f ballone burini (FBB), which is the best one, but its condition is not ideal, and it has only been used intensively for three years. I have tried to use bugari prime (shell button, I’m not sure if it’s prime) but I can’t get any useful information about the spectrum. There may be more people who choose nova in China. Now I understand that if I buy it, I will go there in person Italian Fetching is a Big Thing

From my experience it's very unlikely Pigini will sell you an accordion directly if you have a dealer in your country. Maybe they will make an exception for their most expensive instrument, who knows

Other factories are not so loyal to their dealers so buying direct from them is no problem...

I'm sure you're aware there will be at least an 18 month wait for your instrument, so it may be worth contacting Bugari as they actually had a Spectrum in their showroom for sale a few months ago - it may still be there! edit: I think it was C system though

Last edited:
From my experience it's very unlikely Pigini will sell you an accordion directly if you have a dealer in your country. Maybe they will make an exception for their most expensive instrument, who knows

Other factories are not so loyal to their dealers so buying direct from them is no problem...

I'm sure you're aware there will be at least an 18 month wait for your instrument, so it may be worth contacting Bugari as they actually had a Spectrum in their showroom for sale a few months ago - it may still be there! edit: I think it was C system though
From what I understand I can buy directly, many people do

Good luck with your accordion studies. There are some wonderful accordion players from China. I hope you find the accordion that you want and need!

because I like it
We're talking a lot of money here. To know you need a Nova and not for instance a Sirius it helps to play/try both side by side. Unfortunately there are currently few venues where you can actually do that. It really helps to hear and feel both a Sirius and Nova in order to understand what is better in the Nova. (I was very fortunate that this was possible at the World Music festival in Innsbruck in 2019.)
Now, whether the top of the line Pigini (the Nova) or the top of the line Bugari (the Spectrum) or any other is better is harder to decide. What's really important in an accordion is the sound, because in terms of "mechanical quality" they are all comparable. It is interesting how different the sound is between accordion brands.

Yes, it is difficult for me to determine the difference between nova and sirius, but the principle that you get what you pay for should be right. The bugari spectrum I know about him is only limited to the appearance. I have used bugari prime a few months ago or it is a spectrum. I am not sure, because the Chinese name is not like this. The feeling I have experienced is that this piano is difficult to use with the right hand. But I don't have any memory of its tone, I will find a nova to try it out next month, and make sure I really like it and need it
We're talking a lot of money here. To know you need a Nova and not for instance a Sirius it helps to play/try both side by side. Unfortunately there are currently few venues where you can actually do that. It really helps to hear and feel both a Sirius and Nova in order to understand what is better in the Nova. (I was very fortunate that this was possible at the World Music festival in Innsbruck in 2019.)
Now, whether the top of the line Pigini (the Nova) or the top of the line Bugari (the Spectrum) or any other is better is harder to decide. What's really important in an accordion is the sound, because in terms of "mechanical quality" they are all comparable. It is interesting how different the sound is between accordion brands.

Yes, it is difficult for me to determine the difference between nova and sirius, but the principle that you get what you pay for should be right. The bugari spectrum I know about him is only limited to the appearance. I have used bugari prime a few months ago or it is a spectrum. I am not sure, because the Chinese name is not like this. The feeling I have experienced is that this piano is difficult to use with the right hand. But I don't have any memory of its tone, I will find a nova to try it out next month, and make sure I really like it and need it
A Bugari or Pigini is very unlikely to have a Chinese name on it. A Bugari normally will only say "Conservatory", regardless which model (with convertor) it is. It will not have a sign that says Prime or Spectrum or anything else. Model names only appear on the non-convertor Bugari accordions. I don't know what "difficult to use" feeling the Bugari may have had. If it felt like the mechanics were not top notch then you might have experienced one of the fake Bugari accordions going around. In China (and North Korea) there are lots and lots of fakes, which makes it all the more important that for a top of the line accordion you go in person to Italy to collect the instrument! It doesn't matter whether you order through your teacher or not, you must make very sure that you get the real thing by going to Italy to collect it!

A Bugari or Pigini is very unlikely to have a Chinese name on it.
I was thinking very much the same thing. I'd find it very suspicious that anyone would change the make/model of an accordion to a Chinese plaque.

I don't know what "difficult to use" feeling the Bugari may have had. If it felt like the mechanics were not top notch then you might have experienced one of the fake Bugari accordions going around. In China (and North Korea) there are lots and lots of fakes, which makes it all the more important that for a top of the line accordion you go in person to Italy to collect the instrument! It doesn't matter whether you order through your teacher or not, you must make very sure that you get the real thing by going to Italy to collect it!
There is a good chance that this was exactly what that was, a fake. Another good reason to deal directly with the source. A purchase like this is a once in a lifetime experience!

Also, unless that teacher perhaps speaks Italian and they do not, there is no reason that they cannot make the purchase themselves directly. To be fair, after having made a decision to spend such money, there is no way I would even want anyone else controlling the situation for me... after all, no one else knows better what I want than me, why would I pass that task to someone else? The more people involved, the greater chances of errors, and let's be honest... the higher the chances that the price goes up.

A Bugari or Pigini is very unlikely to have a Chinese name on it. A Bugari normally will only say "Conservatory", regardless which model (with convertor) it is. It will not have a sign that says Prime or Spectrum or anything else. Model names only appear on the non-convertor Bugari accordions. I don't know what "difficult to use" feeling the Bugari may have had. If it felt like the mechanics were not top notch then you might have experienced one of the fake Bugari accordions going around. In China (and North Korea) there are lots and lots of fakes, which makes it all the more important that for a top of the line accordion you go in person to Italy to collect the instrument! It doesn't matter whether you order through your teacher or not, you must make very sure that you get the real thing by going to Italy to collect it!
It's all about Google translation, so you can't understand what I mean, I know it's genuine, what I want to say is that there are unique names for prime and spectrum in Chinese, which are different from those translated by translation software, so I'm not sure what I use Which one is it? I have to admit that China's counterfeiting capabilities are top-notch, but I believe that it is not yet able to manufacture fakes of the top series of pigini and bugari, hahaha. Bugari is not a problem with the mechanical device when I use it, but the range of up and down movement of the buttons on the right hand and the feel of the buttons make me uncomfortable. It is more of a problem with the feel. It may also be because I have a good impression of pigini, so I prefer it

I was thinking very much the same thing. I'd find it very suspicious that anyone would change the make/model of an accordion to a Chinese plaque.

There is a good chance that this was exactly what that was, a fake. Another good reason to deal directly with the source. A purchase like this is a once in a lifetime experience!

Also, unless that teacher perhaps speaks Italian and they do not, there is no reason that they cannot make the purchase themselves directly. To be fair, after having made a decision to spend such money, there is no way I would even want anyone else controlling the situation for me... after all, no one else knows better what I want than me, why would I pass that task to someone else? The more people involved, the greater chances of errors, and let's be honest... the higher the chances that the price goes up.
Yes, I understand, but it’s not a fake. The violin is 260,000 RMB. The person who bought it for me can speak Italian, and he’s in Italy. I communicate with pigini emails in English, and they are still very loyal to me. Their dealers will only recommend me to their dealers, which is very funny, so I can only come here to communicate with you and learn more. I don't know if you can understand that when you study in a conservatory in China, you need to buy the instrument through the teacher, because the teacher can earn the difference, not just the accordion, but any other instrument. Although this is very annoying, the students and Parents can’t do anything about it. There are many novas in China. Regardless of whether these students are good at playing or not, as long as they go to some music colleges, they must use novas. I am different. I bought it voluntarily because I like it.

I am not from China, therefore I cannot speak to how things work in your country... but I am grateful that here I could choose the instrument I want to play myself, and purchase it from where and whom I want. I do find it odd that any conservatory would demand that eligibility is based on the fact that you need to use one of the most expensive instruments available, irrespective of if you have accumulated the skills to take advantage of it or not.

I will make a few comments, though...

Concerning: " I saw the difference between the original grille and the wooden grille. Need to buy more? Can I enjoy some customized services when I buy nova, such as size, button color, etc"

If you throw enough money at the manufacturer, they can pretty much do anything you wish. Musicians that have requested custom options like additional keys and such (for example a PA with 48 or 49 key right hand and other custom specifications ), are having them done, no problem.

Concerning: "Excluding tax and shipping, what kind of price is suitable"

The only people that could give you that information is the manufacturer, or in your case, possibly the person you are possibly going to purchase from since they are the ones that are going to speak to Pigini with your specifications and order. You are talking one of the most expensive instruments around, so a very deep pocket is going to be mandatory, no matter what specification of a Nova you ultimately get. No one here works at Pigini, so that is not something that we can accurately tell you.

I wish you luck and success with your research and purchase. :)

I am not from China, therefore I cannot speak to how things work in your country... but I am grateful that here I could choose the instrument I want to play myself, and purchase it from where and whom I want. I do find it odd that any conservatory would demand that eligibility is based on the fact that you need to use one of the most expensive instruments available, irrespective of if you have accumulated the skills to take advantage of it or not.

I will make a few comments, though...

Concerning: " I saw the difference between the original grille and the wooden grille. Need to buy more? Can I enjoy some customized services when I buy nova, such as size, button color, etc"

If you throw enough money at the manufacturer, they can pretty much do anything you wish. Musicians that have requested custom options like additional keys and such (for example a PA with 48 or 49 key right hand and other custom specifications ), are having them done, no problem.

Concerning: "Excluding tax and shipping, what kind of price is suitable"

The only people that could give you that information is the manufacturer, or in your case, possibly the person you are possibly going to purchase from since they are the ones that are going to speak to Pigini with your specifications and order. You are talking one of the most expensive instruments around, so a very deep pocket is going to be mandatory, no matter what specification of a Nova you ultimately get. No one here works at Pigini, so that is not something that we can accurately tell you.

I wish you luck and success with your research and purchase. :)
Thank you for your answer. I will contact pigini for detailed communication. The learning environment of Chinese conservatories is very poor and the cost of learning is very high. I think this is almost non-existent in other countries. thanks, have a good life

Is Scandalli big in China? I think they are probably just as good as Pigini. However, if you can get a deal on a Pigini through teacher, that's not a bad move I reckon.

Is Scandalli big in China? I think they are probably just as good as Pigini. However, if you can get a deal on a Pigini through teacher, that's not a bad move I reckon.
Scandalli is also a good choice. Many people around me are using it. I will eventually choose between pigini, bugari, and scandalli, but my favorite is nova, hahaha. If you choose a brand other than pigini in the end, it is most likely because of the price. After all, nova costs about 310,000 RMB in China, which is the same price as a Tesla model y

Back