• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Need help Identifying and appraising Vintage Enrico Roselli Accordion 60's era Ivory and Gold Glittered Finish

JAHnyhasIsis

Reaction score
Hi! I am interested in finding out more about this accordion:

Attachments

• IMG_6203.JPG
    IMG_6203.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6204.JPG
    IMG_6204.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6205.JPG
    IMG_6205.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6206.JPG
    IMG_6206.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6207.JPG
    IMG_6207.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6208.JPG
    IMG_6208.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi JAH,
I'm not familiar with this particular brand, but accordions, like cars, go through stylistic periods.
So, looking at this accordion, one can tell it's in good cosmetic condition, it's probably from the late 1940s or early 1950s, probably made in Italy by any one of the hundreds of makers active in the day, probably has two voices ( set of reeds) in both the left and the right hands,
Is a fairly robustly made "entry level " instrument which, by now , probably needs some servicing attention with wax, valves and tuning.
Many have keyboards around 17" across the white keys edge to edge.
You occasionally see similar instruments in pawn shops or on eBay/gumtree for an asking price of $200 to $400. 🙂
The nice carrying case is a bonus and possibly worth $100 by itself!🤔
For a first accordion, or folk music evenings, they can be totally adequate and hard wearing!👍
Nice item 🙂

Last edited:
Back in the days when accordions were somewhat popular, I believe many inexpensive accordions were imported with the Enrico Roselli label. Accordion prices are whatever two consenting parties want, and of course the playing condition matters a lot, but in general I'd put this at the low end of the scale.

This is a nice looking accordion (if you like the style), probably from late 40's or 50's. The "waterfall" keyboard was abandoned before 1960. The main problem with accordions like this one is that their value (a few hundred) in fully functional and well-tuned condition is usually less than it would cost to bring them back to that fully functional and well-tuned condition. But if it is fully function, it can still be good to play!
What cannot be seen because of the absent register markings is whether this is an LM or MM configuration.

I have this exact same accordion in the 16" size and get lots of compliments on the "bling." It's a student, or "entry level" as noted but I like it, although make sure it's not too small for your finger size if you have the 16" model as I do. Nice as a small accordion when needed, and mine has the old fashioned mic port.

Only downfall is the "plastic" bass buttons which can crack or decompose over time.

Just make sure it's playable and relatively in tune.

This was an import with a dealer or distributors name & badge. It is a late 50's to mid 60's vintage. The grill construction
on this one gives away Gabbenelli as the maker. Try to keep this one from exposure to direct sunlight as direct sunlight
& heat will cause thoses plastic bass buttons to develop cracks & shatter.

Back