• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Inspiration Ideas for Italian Tunes to learn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

I would like to learn a nice italian sounding tune(s) which showcases the accordion and would be enjoyable for most to listen to

not too difficult either (intermediate sulle onde / la cumparsita level which i already know)

anything spring to mind

i've realised it takes me months to learn a tune well so would like to choose wisely

(i'm not a confident dot reader by the way)

to give an idea of my repertoire other tunes i know already within this theme are marina marina, la paloma, a bit of carnival of venice, quando mammeta ta fatta tarantella)

its difficult to think of ideal 'classic' tunes fitting into my remit -

i sometimes play publicly (for fun) - private gatherings, busking , etc

:)

The Godfather theme may fit the bill....not particularly difficult and can be expanded on with time
You'll find a few how to play videos on youtube

Herwig Peychar has 2 books with well known Italian tunes in and a cd
They are mostly easy to moderate arrangements all solo or duets, I can nearly play, Cara mio ben, Elvira Madigan, Nabucco chor and Toselli serenade, you may not recognise the names but you will know the tunes
cm

losthobos said:
The Godfather theme may fit the bill....not particularly difficult and can be expanded on with time
Youll find a few how to play videos on youtube

I have a book with the Godfather theme - its listed as Speak Softly Love, music by Nino Rota. Its in C minor... not the easiest key but lovely!

Other than what has been suggested my suggestion are
Come to the sea
Come back to sorento
O sole mio

There are arrangement that are about your level of all three.

smdc66 said:
Ive realised it takes me months to learn a tune well :)

So, so ... interesting ... it takes me also months to learn a tune well, ... so Im somewhat relieved to see Im not the only one.

Happy New Year to all !!!

bocsa said:
youd have to get a proper box and of course, a hat ...alpini style would suit you David!

:? ill consider wearing the hat :D

I love an italian waltz...Fiore D'Italia. I play it by heart, never was able to get the sheet music for it and I can only find it played by Jo Basil (Joss Basile). It's beautiful and pretty easy!

Very nice Art, thanks! That's easy? I'd hate to see something hard...

There are a lot of great songs here: https://www.donquattrocchi.com/sheetmusic.html
O Surdato 'N Nammurato
O'Sarracino
Comme facette mammeta
Santa Lucia
Torna a Sorriento
C'e La Luna Mezzo Mare

This is a great book with a lot of great tunes. They are all in lead sheet format:

If you want to go up further north in Italy, this site has a lot of free downloads: https://www.novalis.it/

I believe I played Ho Detto al Sole in the contest. I've also played (or worked on) Tarantella Napoletano, Angelo Mio (Barbaraec), Santa Lucia, Finiculi Finicula, Rosabella di Molise, Reginella Campagnolo, That's Amore (Italian American) and the well known waltz Piemontesina Bella and have arranged some lead sheets if anyone needs them.

Did anyone mention Oh Marie?

Reactions: Tom
It’s a bit folksy, but my family is from Trentino Alto Adige, and in that region the people absolutely adore “Quel mazzolin di fiori”

Vitti 'na crozza, ciuri ciuri, uva fogarina, reginella campagnola, piemontesina, amor dammi quel fazzolettino, vecchio scarpone, madonnina dai riccioli d'oro, and many, many more. Only folks tunes from South to North. If you want more (folk or not) ask me ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back