• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

I added chromatic button accordion (C + B) to KeyboardAccordion.com

Reaction score
KeyboardAccordion.com

I made this site to help me practice late at night without making noise, and also to help me see what the notes are as I practice. I made it originally for diatonic accordion, but I've moved on to playing chromatic so I updated it with a chromatic version. I posted this here once before I believe, or on the melodeon.net site, but just posting again to let anyone know who might have been interested in a chromatic version.

I know there are some bugs that I need to fix, but generally it works.

Hope you enjoy it.

That actually works surprisingly well! If I hold my keyboard up so it's in the same place as it would be on an accordion, at least. For me CBA doesn't translate very well to playing horizontally

Would it be possible to use Fkeys for 5th row?

Thanks, yeah it’s meant to be used vertically. And I don’t think the function keys will be usable, I’m pretty sure they won’t be accessible from the browser. They’re usually not handled the way other keys are and they do other functions.

Well, for example, if you’re on Mac, the F keys will always do something outside of the browser unless you press I believe shift at the same time, or change a setting, so it just didn’t seem worth it to me. Also some of my keyboards don’t even have F keys haha.

KeyboardAccordion.com

I made this site to help me practice late at night without making noise, and also to help me see what the notes are as I practice. I made it originally for diatonic accordion, but I've moved on to playing chromatic so I updated it with a chromatic version. I posted this here once before I believe, or on the melodeon.net site, but just posting again to let anyone know who might have been interested in a chromatic version.

I know there are some bugs that I need to fix, but generally it works.

Hope you enjoy it.
I love it! Thank you for sharing.

Great tool, thank you.
Would it be possible to modify the program for use with QWERTZ keybirts, too.
Being from central Europe I use that layou and F tones are off...

Great tool, thank you.
Would it be possible to modify the program for use with QWERTZ keybirts, too.
Being from central Europe I use that layou and F tones are off...
You can use this instead: https://vmpk.sourceforge.io/ It is fully customisable, I have it set up for B-system. You have to edit .xml config file manually to have a repeat row, but otherwise you can utilise any key that prints something.

Nice!
Now I have something on which to try out bayan free bass!
How?
Using a bluetooth connected small Mac keyboard upside down, that's how :)

Back