• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

2nd Shelf Added

Well, the appearance of the Beltuna pretty much forced my hand in the need to add a 2nd shelf, if I wanted to get all my accordions properly displayed/stored. In the middle of doing it all I took a few quick pics and since there was a small update to my video software, I couldn't help but make a fast 1 minute video. :)

Lots more work to do, I have and idea about placing a 50" TV on the wall to use as a remote monitor and basically a screen to read off of when doing videos that I talk and can read the script off of and I still need to re-arrange everything and every time I do that I end up dusting and wiping everything down in the basement again. At least it's clean and dust-free.

I'll make a final video later on. :D
Jerry you are insane...also in heaven. With all of us here, the accordion is love thing, I've got 3 and I need about 6 more 💞😅

Jerry you are insane...also in heaven. With all of us here, the accordion is love thing, I've got 3 and I need about 6 more 💞😅
My mom and sister say the same thing about the insanity part, and I agree... haha
I mean, I am so totally unworthy of the collection I have and I am blessed to be able to be the care taker of them all. Each one is a story unto itself, maybe that is why it's so special to me. :D

…since there was a small update to my video software, I couldn't help but make a fast 1 minute video. :)
Nice. Just curious, what video editing software do you use?

I use Blackmagic’s Davinci Resolve, highly recommended by my video pro son. I use a multi-camera digital switcher and recorder and found an inexpensive teleprompter that works nicely with an iPad, only useful, of course, if videoing yourself talking.

As a rank beginner, one accordion for me for learning is enough although I have been slyly eying another for the future. Fortunately my Lovely Bride is exceptionally tolerant of my various pursuits — with a strong exception to the musical saw, sadly now absent from my piano room…

Last edited:
Nice. Just curious, what video editing software do you use?

I use Blackmagic’s Davinci Resolve, highly recommended by my video pro son. I use a multi-camera digital switcher and recorder and found an inexpensive teleprompter that works nicely with an iPad, only useful, of course, if videoing yourself talking.
DaVinci Resolve Studio. One of the few apps I really invested in money and time-wise. :)

I sometimes use multiple cameras but no switching as I capture, it's done in post. If absolutely needed I can use multicam and switching from OBS for that. Not easy to do while playing accordion but quite possible while streaming.

Tell me more about that teleprompter, that is something that sounds interesting.

Well, the appearance of the Beltuna pretty much forced my hand in the need to add a 2nd shelf, if I wanted to get all my accordions properly displayed/stored. In the middle of doing it all I took a few quick pics and since there was a small update to my video software, I couldn't help but make a fast 1 minute video. :)

Oh, a collection like that is surely a worthy goal to aspire to!

Oh, a collection like that is surely a worthy goal to aspire to!
It’s almost impossible not to. (Although not to the quality of Jerry’s). You know about not leaving your car windows open…..

I sometimes use multiple cameras but no switching as I capture, it's done in post.

I use DSLR cameras with HDMI outputs and an HDMI switcher. I have multiple monitors so I can can insure the camera I want is the one actually being recorded.

Tell me more about that teleprompter, that , stopis something that sounds interesting.
The one I bought is Neewer:

I use a teleprompter app to flip the screen, adjust the scrolling speed, pause, backup, etc. I did a fairly long video and found I was SO bad at remembering what I wanted to say so the prompter saved the day. I had it about 10’ away and was easy to read from an ipad. Cheaper now than when I bought one. At first I tried writing an outline and taping it to the tripod below the camera - the teleprompter is so much better. (I didn’t get it until mostly done with the video below!)

If you are the least interested, this is the first project I did with the switcher and edited in Resolve. It's basically a much cut down version of my 4-hr bandsaw class intended to teach processing log sections into wood blanks to dry for woodturning. I had to cut SO much to make it fit into the 45 minutes allotted to the turning club demo (zoom demo, during the covid pandemic). No accordion :) but I did throw in a little guitar finger picking at the end. And a few seconds of drone farm video at the beginning just for fun!

Note: I don‘t stream or switch live - I just switch between multiple camera setups, stop, switch, move, start recording a new clip, then put it all together in edit.

JKJ

Last edited:
Thank-you for the info... a teleprompter is in the cards for me one day... just looking at all the talking that I do in the FR-8X Mild to Wild series would have been easier with a teleprompter. I've done about 150 talking head and educational videos in the last 12-13 years and most are 30-60 minutes so lots to remember too, it would help for sure.

Thanks for sharing your work, great woodworking shop and it all looks good!

I'm always looking for ways to improve my videos. Technically I think I have it down... now I have to move to other areas if I want to improve.

Back