• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Here's a fun little song...

Siegmund

Reaction score
"Teufel du Dürrer". Feels like a nice relaxed little dance... until you try to dance along to it, and trip and fall on your face: it's in seven! ONE-two-three-ONE-two-ONE-two, ONE-two-three.

Sounds like it would well worth learning as a relatively easy exercise. Has anybody ever seen sheet music to it, or heard anyone other than Florian Michlbauer play it? It may well be an original composition of his, but I don't know.

Siegmund said, "It may well be an original composition of his, but I don't know."
In the YouTube notes it says, "Composer: traditional."🙂
Thanks for sharing!❤️

Interesting! I knew there are a lot of compound time signatures in Balkan music, etc., but I've never heard them used in what otherwise sounds like traditional Alpine-region music.

I wonder if that's a traditional dance or style, and if there are other pieces like it... or if that's just a quirky arrangement of a folk piece that's normally in 3/4 or something?

Back