• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Find other members in your area

I'm in Wigan, Lancashire. My instruments, for those who don't already know, are a 12 Bass Galotta and a 72 Bass Chanson.

The music I am most interested in is Folk, Popular Music from the 50's & 60's (my era) and Light Jazz. I play in Folk Clubs mostly, though I have also played for pensioner's groups on occasion.

Please let me know if any of the above interests you.

Stephen Hawkins.

Anyone in the Northeast Florida Area ? I'm in St Augustine and I have a friend who plays in Jacksonville.

Ed

It would be to the common good if most members gave an indication of there whereabouts - I just can't see the point in all the secrecy - and it may lead to new friends the making of!

George ( Isle of Anglesey , North wales)

Well, I can understand the lack of desire to share this info for some, not everyone lives their life in an open manner, but add me to the list of people who add this info to the profile with the expectation that locals will contact you based on one's global location.

In fact, I hope to have an enjoyable meet with a forum member here in Montreal this summer. :)

I'm based in Nottingham, and I've been playing for 8 years now. I'd love to meet up with any fellow accordionists in the East Midlands area if there are any out there.....?
Frances

Ceridwen said:
Im based in Nottingham, and Ive been playing for 8 years now. Id love to meet up with any fellow accordionists in the East Midlands area if there are any out there.....?
Frances
Hi Frances - Welcome - here is one option:
Nottingham Accordion Club
With immediate effect the venue for The Nottingham Accordion Club
is changed to:

The Dunkirk Social Club,

Monpelier Street, Dunkirk,

Nottingham

NG7 2JY

The venue is now more central than previously.

Meet on the 2nd Wednesday each month, 7pm to late.

New members welcome, especially beginners.

Further enquiries to Mike on 07912 493612

If you decide to go will you let us know what you the format is, atmosphere, what you thought of it etc.?

I'm new here also. Currently a melodeon/DBA player, hoping soon to be a CBA player.

Located in western New Jersey (Bordentown to be specific). Always interested in playing music with others or talking about music with others.

HI Deltasalmon,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find more cumulative knowledge here about the accordion than anywhere I have ever seen.

Had to mention though, my wife and I moved to FL about 2 1/2 yrs ago and on our drive south we stayed in Bordentown one night. What a lovely town. A real sleeper hidden in southwestern NJ. Looks like an old colonial town ( probably was). Not at all as most think of NJ ( although most of NJ is much nicer than its rep). We had a tremendous meal at a restaurant called "Toscano". The entire area was a very pleasant experience.

Ed

I live in Brisbane, Australia. Is there anybody here?

I am from Taiwan and have learned C-system CBA for about 10 months.
Just have moved to Brisbane for about 2.5 months but couldn't find any teacher
or player here. So frustrated about this...

And seems nobody here play CBA.

I'm new to the forum and welcome the connection to the accordion world! On a micro level, I play piano accordion and hail from Portland, Oregon. Greetings all!

Hi Acon,
I live in Brisbane, Australia. Is there anybody here?
I am from Taiwan and have learned C-system CBA for about 10 months.
Just have moved to Brisbane for about 2.5 months but couldnt find any teacher
or player here. So frustrated about this...

And seems nobody here play CBA.
Did you find anyone? Just a suggestion - have you considered trying lessons by skype?

Hi Soulsaver,

Thank you for asking, but unfortunately no. I couldn't find anyone using free bass CBA here.
I am teaching myself right now. Skype lesson sounds a little bit bizarre to me because
I thought instrument playing knowledge should be passed face by face.

I don't know. Maybe I will try someday.

Cheers.

I will give a vote for Skype lessons being very valuable, especially if there's no teacher close to you. I'm self-learning PA, but because I'm in the country near Melbourne, Australia I take melodeon lessons over Skype with a teacher in the UK. We meet fortnightly in the evening for me, morning for her. It took a few lessons to get our working method going well, but after we got used to the delay, moving the camera between chatting and working angles during the lesson, and other things, it's really terrific. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't be making the same sort of progress without it.

Hi PleurisyPlains,

Thanks for sharing your fantastic experience. I'll definitely try skype if I can find a good teacher and enough time!

Cheers,

Is there any way a list or database could be created that would allow you to do searches for accordionists in an area? I am from central Virginia in the US. Would love to be able to do a search on Virginia or something similar and see if there is anyone else out there .

I believe that this is something that is beyond this current forum software. This would have to be some kind of add-in, though. I did a 10 second search and did not find anything immediately.

Back