• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

10 million views and counting!?

Meh. I gather a lot of these views are a result of this being some sort of russias got talent show with a lot of mainstream airplay. The two seconds of audience at the end didn't seem entirely blown away either. Happy to note I am not the only one struggling with feedback issues haha! Having said that, they are up there doing it so good on them, just not my thing.

Only 93k views but far more interesting imo is stuff like this

On the original video clip at the head of this thread at least two of the girls are long time performers all over the world. The piece they're playing here, to me, has great energy and it feels original and maybe 'cossack' as the tempo falls and rises. The same ensemble (but two only) playing the Russian tune which we know in the west as 'Those were the days my friend' is also worth a look.
Let's be fair; at least the girls look like they can play the accordion. Unlike many others pretending they can using excruciating backing tracks of electronic sounds and drums.
None of the detractors in this thread (as far as I've noticed) have mentioned that the girls are not using their left hands. Did anybody else manage to get their vision focused there or is it just an age thing? Re-assurance please!

Back