• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Waltz of the Flowers ( Nutcracker Suite )

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
Are there any definitive recordings of waltz of the flowers by solo accordion? I am trying to learn this waltz and am finding it quite difficult. I always like to have something to aim at but the examples on Youtube for example are not inspiring me. However, the melodies are quite exquisite and I am determined to master it.
It might also help if I had an accordionists version instead of the piano sheet music so if anyone knows where that can be found ( if there is one ) then that also would also be most useful.

This is on my list of songs to learn too....
I have a PDF of the sheet music (public domain) that I got off some Russian accordion site years ago. It's a really good and detailed transcription, but in that Russian style where they write out all the notes of the left hand chords, instead of one note and the chord symbol. It's still a really good chart though..

I'm trying to copy and paste it here....

maybe someone can tell me how to share a pdf file here, can't figure it out.

wirralaccordion said:
Are there any definitive recordings of waltz of the flowers by solo accordion? I am trying to learn this waltz and am finding it quite difficult. I always like to have something to aim at but the examples on Youtube for example are not inspiring me. However, the melodies are quite exquisite and I am determined to master it.
It might also help if I had an accordionists version instead of the piano sheet music so if anyone knows where that can be found ( if there is one ) then that also would also be most useful.

Whose arrangement are you using?

Zevy pid=72098 dateline=1589578808 said:
wirralaccordion pid=72093 dateline=1589564610 said:

Actually, its a piano transcription for the music used for the advert for Hellmanns mayonnaise!! :) :)

Frank Fusari pid=72095 dateline=1589576148 said:
This is on my list of songs to learn too....
I have a PDF of the sheet music (public domain) that I got off some Russian accordion site years ago. Its a really good and detailed transcription, but in that Russian style where they write out all the notes of the left hand chords, instead of one note and the chord symbol. Its still a really good chart though..

Im trying to copy and paste it here....

maybe someone can tell me how to share a pdf file here, cant figure it out.

Would this be the site?

https://www.goldaccordion.com/noti/

wirralaccordion said:
Zevy said:
wirralaccordion said:

Actually, it's a piano transcription for the music used for the advert for Hellmann's mayonnaise!! :) :)

There is a very good but complicated arrangement by Charles Nunzio.

This version on Youtube is my preference.

This guy is no slouch either! :)

Pretty impressive Parrot accordion! :) 

And the difficulty of this piece is rated only 7 ( out of 10) :-/

Dingo40 pid=72126 dateline=1589685206 said:
This version on Youtube is my preference.

This guy is no slouch either! :)

Pretty impressive Parrot accordion! :) 

And the difficulty of this piece is rated only 7 ( out of 10) :-/

Does anyone have the sheet for this song?
Best version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back