• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The BEST Accordion video, EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are really INTO accordions, check out this video. Best ever in my opinion. Dont miss the compound pallets in action.
Question; You repair types, has anyone seen a pallet action design such as on the bass side in this vid? It has a design that removes the weight [and thus, reciprocating weight] of the pallet from the action rod. One can see the end of said rod lifting the pallet via an interferring wire form on the pallet itself [ref. 0:57 on vid]. The pallet opens and closes on a separate hinge. Is this design unique to Beltuna? I would expect a lighter button return spring could be used, thus lightening up the button action. Should also speed-up the closing of the pallet.

<YOUTUBE id=hi_lhcmqrF4 url=></YOUTUBE>

I love that tune.
Waldo

Wonderful. Beautiful accordion, lovely playing and a unique video. Thanks for sharing it Waldow.

Here you can get a look at the man playing the song AND the outside of the Beltina Alpstar a lot better, with the same song:

<YOUTUBE id=AeUrxLRDZGw url=></YOUTUBE>

That's a great video. Seeing all the pallets and valves moving puts me in mind of watching a fair organ, (aka "steam organ.")

Great video showing the inside of the instrument while being played.
The pallet action design is actually quite common, especially on the bass side of an accordion or on a bass accordion. This design allows to open pallets that are further away. With a "standard" design the pallet would open too far (might hit other parts like the grille if it's on the keyboard side) and might cause vibration or other side effects.

Triffic. .. I'm guessing that piece would be all but impossible to do justice to on a PA?

Soulsaver post_id=47890 time=1498747294 user_id=65 said:
Triffic. .. Im guessing that piece would be all but impossible to do justice to on a PA?

Why? The widest jumps between the notes are not 2 octaves apart, the rest is just technical mastery. :)

JerryPH post_id=47907 time=1498779004 user_id=1475 said:
Triffic. .. Im guessing that piece would be all but impossible to do justice to on a PA?

Why? The widest jumps between the notes are not 2 octaves apart, the rest is just technical mastery. :)

I couldnt play that piece to near that standard in a month of Sundays.

Soulsaver post_id=47915 time=1498787244 user_id=65 said:
JerryPH post_id=47907 time=1498779004 user_id=1475 said:

I couldnt play that piece to near that standard in a month of Sundays.

LOL! Not many people could, but technically, one of the few thing that a CBA can do that a PA cannot is huge (bigger than 1 octave) finger stretches, the rest is a technical challenge, and in this piece there are no big stretches, so, if it is possible to play on CBA, it is possible to play on a PA... and the same level of skill is required in both cases.

Now, having the skill, that is another thing. If I was 18-20 again, this would be quite easy. At 57... not so easy anymore, so you and I are in the same boat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back