• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Straps Too Wide

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Happy Wanderer

When I purchased my accordion, I asked for new straps, but I wish I hadn't. The straps on my accordion are too wide for my liking, and get in the way. They are Neotech, and are 2 1/4" wide.

I personally would prefer a strap more of 1" to 1 1/2" wide. Does anyone know where I could find such a strap?

Thanks! :)

We usually find Neos good. What size is your accordion?
We don't see those D'Lucas in the UK (much?). Mexico stuff usually good I believe, assuming it IS where they make them.. Maybe wait for JimD or the other US guys for input/ recommendation. ..

The set you've found on amazon should suit you just fine. They are a quality strap for their price range. I carry Italian, Canadian and Neotech made straps in my shop and 90% of my customers favor the Neotech's for their fit, finish & price. Are you sure you have your Neotech set installed properly ??
You also mention you have a full size accordion at 19 lbs. ??? - a full size, 19" keyboard, 41 key, 120 bass will range from 23 to 27 lbs. - What do you have for an accordion ???

I'm pretty sure. It's not the length, but rather, the width of the strap that bothers me. I personally prefer slimmer straps.

it could well be that the straps feel uncomfortable because they ae new/different from what you are used to. Generally speaking wide straps spread the load on the shoulders andalso can keep the box more stable on the person!

I use two and a half inch padded straps on 2 row melodeon and three and a half inch padded straps on casali 48 bass british chromatic box and would not have it any other way'

Give the new straps and yourself chance to get used toe each other before considering a change

george

Nope, those videos are on my Button Box. They have 1 1/4" wide straps, which I find very comfortable, and a nice width.

One reason I find the wide straps annoying, is that they get in the way of my bow tie, mangling it (I wear bow ties all the time, so this is a bit of an issue.) Another reason is that I simply prefer how the slimmer straps look. :)

What do you think of these straps? They are from a Cavagnolo.

Attachments

• Straps.jpg
    Straps.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 743
I must say, after watching and enjoying the video, I agree - go for the thin straps. :tup:

Is it too much to ask the accordion industry for a bow-tie friendly strap? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back