• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Show us your bike!

This reminds me,
We once had a great fortnightly accordion group .
One of our members was a a motorcyclist who rode his motorcycle to and from the meetings, through busy city traffic about 40 km each way, with his full-sized 41/120 accordion strapped to the back of the motorcycle with some elastic "octopus" straps.
I often wondered how his accordion would have fared had it fallen off ( but it never did)!đŸ€”
Do any of you ride with your accordion strapped on the back?🙂

Last edited:
Great posts n pics - just one question........why "she"......... didn't know bikes did "female" things........nuff said!
“She” because of you’re a man then you wouldn’t want to be riding another man (with the obvious exceptions- let’s not go there)! Most women give their bikes men’s names.

Vintage bicycles is currently my other hobby

1961 Holdsworth Cyclone
as bought March this year
You should post this beauty on retrobike if haven't done so already.

Here's my 1963 Bob Jackson that I've retromodded last summer. Since it's a commuter, I decided against putting decals on it - a bit of a shame, really, but I reckon it slightly reduces the chances of it being nicked while parked.
Approaching 10k miles on the clock and riding like a dream.

Attachments

• PXL_20220520_063821908.jpg
    PXL_20220520_063821908.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220713_060555014.jpg
    PXL_20220713_060555014.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20220711_191346098.jpg
    PXL_20220711_191346098.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 3
You should post this beauty on retrobike if haven't done so already.

Here's my 1963 Bob Jackson that I've retromodded last summer. Since it's a commuter, I decided against putting decals on it - a bit of a shame, really, but I reckon it slightly reduces the chances of it being nicked while parked.
Approaching 10k miles on the clock and riding like a dream.

Ooops, forgot I've got a Retrobike login. I'm mostly using Bikeforums these days - seems to be more active although it's mostly american.

Luckily I'm (probably) retired so I never leave it outside.

Still have my 1973 (?) Schwinn Superior that I bought new the first time I had any money, best touring bike I could afford. It's of course way heavier than today's bikes but solid. Still has original derailleurs and tire friction light. Remember them? â˜ș

I had a 1972 Peugeot 10 speed that I bought at the French Post Exchange while I was stationed in Germany. It also still has the original derailleurs and brake handles. Fenders and friction light are long gone though. Rode it for three years in Heidelberg and three years in Berlin and many years in the US. My son rides it now. Great shape for a 40 plus year old bike. I remember paying a whopping $40 for it. Also remember coming to a stop and forgetting my feet were still in the foot traps. Ouch!

I had a 1972 Peugeot 10 speed that I bought at the French Post Exchange while I was stationed in Germany. It also still has the original derailleurs and brake handles. Fenders and friction light are long gone though. Rode it for three years in Heidelberg and three years in Berlin and many years in the US. My son rides it now. Great shape for a 40 plus year old bike. I remember paying a whopping $40 for it. Also remember coming to a stop and forgetting my feet were still in the foot traps. Ouch!
Goodness - that brings back memories..........4 of us hatched a plan, in the pub, in Feb 76. Upshot was I bought a Peugeot 10 speed from my local bike shop (Swinnertons - and he was a GB cycle team coach in the 1948 olympics.....) and the 4 of us cycled from Cherbourg to Pamplona - then a little further south to Tafalla for the fiesta and bull fight then along the south side of the Pyrenees and back over to France and the train back from Toulouse. Bike was nicked when I moved to London!! Customs man tried to tell me that I was importing a french bike to England.......ignorant muppet! They were more expensive in France!

Back