• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Short humoristic demo of my new used Excelsior bass sound

Zvon

Reaction score
Found this used accordion last week.
It's an Excelsior Digisyzer from the 80s (I guess), an hybrid acoustic-electronic instrument. It originally came with a tone generator but I don’t have it. So the sound heard is only the acoustic unprocessed accordion, but what a sound!

I am not really an accordion player and I bought it as a sound design tool.
I have added 2 speech samples from Public Domain documentaries.

A certainly different use of the accordion. It actually sounds like it's in fair shape... too bad you don't have the tone generator, that is where the overall design was wrapped up all around.

Where in Quebec are you located? I'm in the Montreal area.

Thanks Jerry!
I began to play accordion a month ago. I plan to use it to create drones and rhythmic soundscapes to use either on their own or as background for speech samples or other instruments. I think the Excelsior is indeed in fair shape. It sounds good and pretty much in tune overall. I saw that tone generators sometimes show up on the web without the accordion, may try to get one later.

I am not far from Montreal, in St-Jerome. Where do you go for accordion repairs?

Anderson's Accordion Sales and Repair in Burlington Ontario. No one else touches my accordions. :)
Thanks for the info. Do you have any experience with "Les Accordéons Excellence" in Montréal? I am asking because it seems to be the nearest one to me.

A little, but it's not enough to say if they are ok or not. I know that Keith is a perfectionist and is a Gola owner many times over... he knows his craft.

JP Attore is not a bad accordionist but his first love is the sax, he runs the ADAQ club and has a couple people do his work for him

Back