• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

RIP Tony Lovello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zevy

Reaction score
A great accordionist and superb musician has past on. I had the opportunity to meet him at his last public performance.
RIP Tony Lovello

Attachments

• TonyLovello30kb.jpg
    TonyLovello30kb.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,262
JerryPH post_id=50041 time=1504494945 user_id=1475 said:
Another famous accordionist passes away, very sad to hear. Was that picture taken at the NEAM?

Yes it was. It was a >140 mile trip (one way) that was well worth the time.

Zevy post_id=50069 time=1504542525 user_id=250 said:
JerryPH post_id=50041 time=1504494945 user_id=1475 said:
Another famous accordionist passes away, very sad to hear. Was that picture taken at the NEAM?

Yes it was. It was a >140 mile trip (one way) that was well worth the time.

It was a near 300 mile trip (each way) for me and I will do it again likely next week for the 2nd time. I saw his picture on the wall while there, and I spent the last couple days YouTubing his videos... a great accordionist, yes... but an amazing man too.

That picture was taken at the New England Accordion Museum back in April. That was Tony's final performance. He continued to teach accordion on skype until he became ill.

Ive watched his playing on youtube, and he had a great technique and style. Sad to hear of him passing. Wasn't he in the three sons as well?

<YOUTUBE id=Mk3ZCklYOYE url=></YOUTUBE>

Heres a nice tribute to Tony Lovello- and showing some of his unique technique. Pretty interesting I thought.

Cory's video about Tony is well done. He singles out some of Tony's excellent signature techniques that would be very difficult to some, but was second nature to Tony. He was a true artist!

Tony was a star, an outstanding performer, and a true gentleman. Several years ago when I was getting reacquainted with my accordion after closeting it since childhood, I was looking for on-line instruction and came across Tony. I believe he was working in some capacity in Lexington, Kentucky. At that time, he would provide videotaped lessons of most, if not all, of his music. I was fortunate enough to have obtained many tunes complete with his written music and the recorded instructions. They were/are incredible as he broke down segments of his tunes into well organized groups and was able to teach them on an understandable level never talking down to a less accomplished player. In fact, if I didn't understand or follow something he demonstrated, he'd say "call me and I'll walk you through it." That happened several times and he was always available. He also provided in depth instruction on his famous bellows shake, tips on practicing and performing from his many years of being on stage with other greats. He was a fantastic virtuoso and a great man,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back