• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Reducing digital size of photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ1942

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nobby and others thank you for your welcome and advice. I don't know how to reduce the digital size for loading in a picture of my Accordion taken with my Motorola g6 mobile phone, any advice welcome. Clifford

Are you transferring the photo to a PC first, or do you need to upload it directly from the phone ?

Hi CJ,

You have a couple possibilities. One is to set the resolution of the photos on your phone. You can go into the settings on your phone camera and set it as low as it will go. It may or may not meet the size requirements of the forum (I am not an expert on that phone).

If not, you will need an app to reduce the size of your picture. I use a free app called "Photo Compress" which you can download from the android app store. You can then use this app to resize your photos.

I understand this is technical, but people here will help you, or maybe you have a 7 year old grandchild who is an expert!

Good luck!!!!

i email the photos from my phone to my own email, and when i attach the photos, it offers me an option to select the size: small, medium, large, and original. It also shows the size in Kb, so you can select the option that's less than 500Kb, download the photos in the computer and then post them here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123_175305_com.huawei.email.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123_175305_com.huawei.email.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 6
You can also change the photo size on the Moto G6 (I use one):
With the camera active hit settings (top right) and the top option is Rear Camera/Photo size.
Default is 12Mp but you can select 9.4, 7.4, 8, 6, 5.3.

But 5.3Mp is approx 2302 pixels square which still isn't small enough.

Knobby said yesterday:
The limit (at the moment) is actually 2048Kb ( 2Mb ) and a physical size of 1600 x 1600 pixels.

Thank you to all members who were so helpful with picture size. I feel a glow of friendship from the forum. I will have a go at reducing and report if anything new transpires. CJ

Are you transferring the photo to a PC first, or do you need to upload it directly from the phone ?
Hello I load direct from phone but have since found an ap that reduces digital size. So waiting to hear if it worked. This find is down to helpful forum friends

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_110422129_resize_30.jpg
    IMG_20201113_110422129_resize_30.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
Hi CJ,

You have a couple possibilities. One is to set the resolution of the photos on your phone. You can go into the settings on your phone camera and set it as low as it will go. It may or may not meet the size requirements of the forum (I am not an expert on that phone).

If not, you will need an app to reduce the size of your picture. I use a free app called "Photo Compress" which you can download from the android app store. You can then use this app to resize your photos.

I understand this is technical, but people here will help you, or maybe you have a 7 year old grandchild who is an expert!

Good luck!!!!
Thank you I found an ap and it.seems to have worked. CJ

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_110422129_resize_30.jpg
    IMG_20201113_110422129_resize_30.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Tom
@JIM D. or @Ventura will be able to identify your accordion but, although it looks familiar, I am not sure.

As Chinese as a Fortune Cookie. This one has been sold with many names such as -- Parrot, Rosetti, Golden Cup, Baille,
Black Diamond, Excalibur & Stella just to name a few. All with the same mediocre components but in different color combinations
and minor trim pieces & badges.
You can find one here overpriced in red with a Sofiamari name & badge. --

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Jim. Hope you are enjoying it, CJ and it brings you much musical pleasure! Ask any questions about playing it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back