• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

PIGINI P 36 34/72 3/4 voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

i was (i think) reliably informed once by a fellow forum member that this should logically be my next move up from my older quality concerto s 111 lmm

reasoning being mine is equal in quality to pa's costing over £1200

i think the spec would be the same although unsure about my bass voices (tho there are 2 couplers)

and now bocsa mentioned the mmm model (more expensive maybe?) that seems tempting

i am not sure exactly what i would get for my money other than maybe a more modern pa with better action

no offence, its just i dont know much about piginis or high value pa's for that matter

the above is chat only at this stage as its not a good time for me to spend :)

I dont know about its equivalents - but i'd have to say that MMM in a 3 reed instrument is fairly limiting your flexibility, isn't it? And given that Pigs are never cheap, unless you have a specific need for MMM I'd say that wouldn't be a wise choice.
Only my opinion.

I agree with Soulsaver on the MMM front, I bought a mengascini Mussete box many years ago with no lower octave reed (3 voice) as I foolishly thought that I didn't use it and therefore have any need of it.
Big mistake, I really missed it for some reason and hated the box because of it.

I'm not quite sure what this fixation is with Pigini accordions.
It's like saying the only good brand Swiss watch is a Rolex or good brand car is a Bentley.
The point made earlier was more in the direction of indicating that a new good make accordion can lift your playing quite significantly.
It's an unfortunate fact that things get old. Your good, but old accordion doesn't escape this.
A modern one of quality will feel good and play nicely. Everything just works with a little bit more suppleness.
Of course, this little extra comes at a price and the choice (assuming you don't have a Pigini tattoo already) is large and will take some time, but hey..... that's part of the fun :)

Oh, and I agree with Jim and Soulsaver, the MMM is not for the common man.

My 'fixation' with Pigini is due to the fact that I almost always love their sound (I did meet one Pidge that didn't appeal to me once, the tuning was just not quite my taste), and the build quality of course. The only other accordion make that appeals to me as much is Allodi.

I wouldn't want MMM; I'd always go for LMM, or LMMH if possible. But then I'm leaning more and more towards single reed playing anyway.

I notice Glenn that you have a variety of accordions from musette to double octave. Do you find you use more kind of tuning wove rand above another? And I agree with you about pigini. They are good but not there are others out there (says the Cooperativa player!)

Well the Burini is clearly thee best accordion I have as I bought it new just over a year ago.
I like its MMH sound as a musette and the single M sounds very sweet as it is in the cassotto as does the LMH when I want it to cut through.
The Marinucci has a typoical musette sound (rather French actually) but its L is not so pleasant.
The accordiola is a jack of all trades. It sounds totally different to the others. Also needs a good tune and revision.
Thus in short, I enjoy them all but try to master the sound the Burini makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back