• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Bugari Spectrum vs Pigini Nova

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to say. The Bugari Spectrum is still pretty new and it's hard to find recordings using it. I do not yet know anyone personally who plays one (hearing it live beats a recording). The Pigini Nova is much easier to hear, live and in recordings.
But generally, what you can expect is that the Pigini Nova sounds like a very very good Pigini. (It is also pretty light to play, clearly lighter to the touch than for instance a Sirius.) The Bugari Spectrum will sound like a very very good Bugari.
It's hard to find clear differences inside that can explain why a Pigini sounds like a Pigini and a Bugari sounds like a Bugari... but when you listen to them carefully, a good listener will never mistake a Pigini for a Bugari or vice versa...

saundersbp

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I only have experience with new versions the next models down (artist/deluxe ranges). To my ears they are both excellent. The bugari is a touch more harmonically developed/mature, the pigini rather brighter in tone. I like mellower pianos rather than bright Yamaha's so my ears followed that same course for accordions. Everyone's ear is different and apparently as you get older your hearing deteriorates so brighter instruments sound more mellow to the older ear. The deterioration in hearing I think is very significant on informing what sounds good to you.

Ffingers

Site Supporter
Reaction score
"The deterioration in hearing I think is very significant on informing what sounds good to you."

So very true, but the consistent pitch of the tinnitus in my left ear is a great way to determine the accuracy of an instrument's tuning :LOL:

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I only have experience with new versions the next models down (artist/deluxe ranges). To my ears they are both excellent. The bugari is a touch more harmonically developed/mature, the pigini rather brighter in tone. I like mellower pianos rather than bright Yamaha's so my ears followed that same course for accordions. Everyone's ear is different and apparently as you get older your hearing deteriorates so brighter instruments sound more mellow to the older ear. The deterioration in hearing I think is very significant on informing what sounds good to you.
The deterioration of the hearing is indeed very real. I have made a promise to myself that when I cannot hear C#8 clearly any more (the highest reeds in production, where C8 is the highest note on a piano) I will stop tuning accordions for other people.
At the moment my hearing is still more than sufficient to confirm your observation about the difference in tone between Bugari and Pigini.

Ffingers

Site Supporter
Reaction score
"At the moment my hearing is still more than sufficient to confirm your observation about the difference in tone between Bugari and Pigini."

Take care of that good fortune - once good hearing is lost, hearing is very rarely regained.
And damage is cumulative, too.