• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Our own Bill Cosby....

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, not the disgraced comedian. A 482 page book by William "Bill" Cosby, a player with a very interesting story to tell. I've read the 100 page intro and am now starting the 380 pages of his blog posts. You may or may not find this interesting....

No, not the disgraced comedian. A 482 page book by William "Bill" Cosby, a player with a very interesting story to tell. I've read the 100 page intro and am now starting the 380 pages of his blog posts. You may or may not find this interesting....

Is there a way to download the book, or does one have to read it on the Scribd website?

It would take a little effort but its not hard.
1. In a PC environment, if you can see all the pages, copy all the text.
2. Paste them in to a word document
3. Safe as PDF.
4. Make it available by one of many possible delivery methods

With an Apple product it is very similar.

I've had a trial SCRIBD post in the past so cannot make another one, and don't really feel like paying for a subscription to do this, but I am sure someone else could.

Reactions: Tom
Is there a way to download the book, or does one have to read it on the Scribd website?
Hi Zevy,

As Jerry noted, it's possible to download it from scribd with a subscription. I won't publish a link here, but you may find that a google search for a pdf version of the book yields positive results.... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Zevy,

As Jerry noted, it's possible to download it from scribd with a subscription. I won't publish a link here, but you may find that a google search for a pdf version of the book yields positive results.... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks Tom & Jerry๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿคฃ
I tried the Google option; I guess Iโ€™m not as talented as Tom. Could you send me a private message (hint, hint)?

Thanks Tom & Jerry๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿคฃ
I tried the Google option; I guess Iโ€™m not as talented as Tom. Could you send me a private message (hint, hint)?
You're more talented on the accordion though!

If one quasi-pirate site is the same as a confirmed pirate site, then https://pdfcoffee.com/bill-cosby-accordion-book-pdf-free.html has it too.

It looks like a fellow-musician uploaded Bill C's book to Scribd (which combines legit ebooks with user uploads, so an uncertain mix). No idea where the pirate site got it.

I took a chance and hope I didn't catch anything horrible.

Does anybody know how this document came to be collected? Did Bill Cosby try to have it distributed when he was alive? I don't remember hearing about it. I followed him on earlier ๐Ÿช— forums, and he had interesting stories. Nice to see them gathered together. Weird there's no copyright page or anything like that.

I quoted Cosby in my own book when Leon Sash told him not to switch to CBA because it "wasn't a musical keyboard." ๐Ÿ˜น That quote is included in this download. Looks like it is a compilation of posts from Cosby's website.

His old site is not archived online sadly, but the site menu from 2012 or so can be seen here (the links don't work). https://web.archive.org/web/2012081...nc.com/The-Journey----Personal-Anecdotes.html

It looks like this document collects that website/blog/comments content. Which is nice. If nobody objects we could probably upload it to the Internet Archive to preserve it and keep it available. Maybe add a few pics and background to make a "cover"?

I'd be curious who put it together and shared it like this though. Not sure who we'd ask for permission.

I remember him well, Actually attended a couple of his classes near Fredericksburg Virginia at Dale Wise's accordion shop. I used to follow his blog and it was always interesting. Still have a couple of his CDs. Very talented and personable. His passing was a sad loss for the accordion community. Dale Wise at Accordions Plus may have some knowledge of the documents as he was a close friend of Bill's.

Back