• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Old Traveling Accordion, Need Help to Identify

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fairbro

Hello!

Can anyone tell me anything about this accordion? I got it at an estate sale, and I spent a couple of hours searching through Google images, but I can't find anything more than a little similar.

From the label on the carrying case, which seems to be some kind of tin, the accordion appears to have traveled overseas on the White Star lines.

It plays fine, or that is, I am a keyboard player, my uncle is the accordionist, but I know enough to move the bellows back and forth, and it makes sounds when you press the buttons or keys, and there is no sound (so nothing broke, I hope) when nothing is pressed.

No labels on it, one distinguishing characteristic is the pattern of the wood-cut designs near the bottom of the photo (last photo, at the sides of the chord-buttons).

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0248.JPG