• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g109800

Hi all, just joined the Forum and not quite sure about posting and stuff but here goes. I'm recently retired, 67, and am 3 months into self learning the accordion. Here in Norfolk accordions seem few and far between and I havn't managed to find another player yet who lives locally. I took the Ebay route and not knowing anything about it bought a Weltmeister Stella, 60 bass. To me it seems lovely and I practice for short periods every day. I have a basic knowledge of reading music and have almost completed Palmer Hughes book1, should be able to start book2 in about a fortnight. Am I doing it right? All for now.

Hi G & welcome. Practicing everyday is doing it right, get stuck into that Can Can Polka - easy arrangement and sounds great!
Check this thread out - lots of useful info.. http://www.accordionists.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=817

Particualrly look at the 3rd post referring to Duane Schnurs link - he has 90+ downloadable lessons for free, with soundfiles talking you through the issues and playing the tune he provides the sheet music for. It uses Sedlon method, traditional but still well respected. Itll feel like a teacher.. for free. The first few voice level is rubbish (music is fine) but he gets it sorted from 3 or 4 on. You will enjoy it.

g109800 said:
Here in Norfolk accordions seem few and far between and I havnt managed to find another player yet who lives locally.

hello

theres a few of us accordions in cambridgeshire :)

Thanks for the welcome and input. I will certainly check out the Norwich club, it's about 23 miles away but there doesn't appear to be anything nearer. Once again, thanks

g109800 said:
Thanks for the welcome and input. I will certainly check out the Norwich club, its about 23 miles away but there doesnt appear to be anything nearer. Once again, thanks
In my experience, they are happy to provide info. even without you going; for instance theyll for sure know where a local teacher is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back