• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Newbie saying Hi! πŸ™‚

Eidole

Reaction score
Newbie here :)
Hi, my name is Elodie, I am in Montreal. After not playing since 2006 (let Life goes and here what happened πŸ˜…), I decided to go back to play/learn accordion! I found a little old guy (you can see on the picture), if anyone has some information (model etc...) about him that would be awesome.
IMG_20240421_140101.jpg
It needs some repairs but for now I would like to clean the exterior, the soufflet has a bit of mold too and I would be interested to have some advice (any product brands?) and know what to do? I don't have a lot of tools or products. I just don't want to do any mistake.
IMG_20240421_154220.jpg
IMG_20240421_154234.jpg
The straps and the bag are also a bit old / unclean. Unsure I can do anything to save them? Or if it is better to replace them?
Thanks πŸ™

Also so happy to have join this forum and looking forward to learn and grow! 😊

Hi Elodie and welcome!πŸ™‚
The grille of your accordion looks to me (except for the logo) exactly like that on my Pancordion made Crucianelli. So I'm guessing it's a Crucianelli.🀫
Whoops! It actually does say Crucianelli!πŸ˜„
The coupler switches suggest it has 4 voices: Low, Middle, Middle and high and could have musette tuning on the master switch.πŸ€”
For now, I would just lightly dust the bellows with a soft brush and wipe down the exterior celluloid with a soft cotton (or Microfibre) cloth dampened with plain water.
I'm actually not a chromatic button accordion guy, but others here will be able to provide more informationπŸ™‚
Nice looking instrument. πŸ‘
Happy playing!

Last edited:
Newbie here :)
Hi, my name is Elodie, I am in Montreal. After not playing since 2006 (let Life goes and here what happened πŸ˜…), I decided to go back to play/learn accordion! I found a little old guy (you can see on the picture), if anyone has some information (model etc...) about him that would be awesome.
It needs some repairs but for now I would like to clean the exterior, the soufflet has a bit of mold too and I would be interested to have some advice (any product brands?) and know what to do? I don't have a lot of tools or products. I just don't want to do any mistake.
The straps and the bag are also a bit old / unclean. Unsure I can do anything to save them? Or if it is better to replace them?
Thanks πŸ™

Also so happy to have join this forum and looking forward to learn and grow! 😊

Hi Eidole and welcome to the forum. There’s a great deal of knowledge available to the rest of us, we only have to ask! I hope you enjoy the forum as much As I do.

Back