• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Newbie from Tenerife (Chromatic)

davidbape

Reaction score
Hi guys! Happy to join the forum :)

After many months researching online I just got a second hand Chromatic Accordiana (by Excelsior)
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-02 at 20.59.30.jpeg

My grandfather used to play accordion but I never got a chance to play it or learn it, his accordion was quite damaged and full of wood borers anyway and I couldn't have it with me (due to family drama). Here is a picture I got a few years ago:

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-02 at 21.19.48.jpeg

I've been practicing for a week now, I feel like a teacher would be handy. I already know some music theory and a bit of piano but the chromatic layout has been quite challenging, once I master I feel like it's going to be quite useful. It's a very interesting design. Eventually I'll try getting my hands on a piano accordion as well.

I feel like the accordion is an amazing instrument it's a shame it's so underrated. It also feels like most technicians are either retiring or widing down their businesses. I hope with the internet and the new generations the instrument gets a revival. I'm considering becoming a technician myself (I was already considering reparing pianos).

Anyway, let's see where the accordion journey takes me. Hope to connect with fellow enthusiast and share this new passion.

Welcome aboard!

I feel like the accordion is an amazing instrument it's a shame it's so underrated. It also feels like most technicians are either retiring or winding down their businesses. I hope with the internet and the new generations the instrument gets a revival

You'll find some of us here feel the same way, and are trying to learn as much of the mysterious art as we can before the previous generation winds all the way down.

Welcome - there is a new generation revival and you are now part of it.
By the way, if you do add PA to CBA that could be a global first?

PS Edit: Very impressive first week and you're not putting off the LH side of learning

Back