• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New here

MadDawg8099

Reaction score
Need help identifying this all mother of pearl gold sparkles and fancy lol

Attachments

• IMG_0915.jpeg
    IMG_0915.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0916.jpeg
    IMG_0916.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 29
Welcome Dawg! Beautiful student level piano accordion from the (circa) 1970s, possibly by International. โ€œAs is playableโ€ value $175. Unknown musical condition. Musical value $100 - $350 based on condition. In my locale. Actual value dependent upon market where sold. Are you going to learn to play it? Good luck.

Last edited:
The rust on the bass couplers and bellows pins does not bode well for the reeds and other internal metal parts. The bass strap is pretty worn down as well and the bellows stripes on the bottom need replacement, too, as the metal protection corners are breaking through.

Pretty instrument; the coupler naming ("bass", "violin", "master", "clarinet") suggests 3-reed (LMM) though the dots on the couplers are a bit weird and this would be missing out on a "bandonion" registration (LM) which is pretty desirable. A choice of 3 bass registers makes more sense with a 3-reed instrument, though, and a 2-reed would also be unusual for a full size 41/120 keys/buttons.

Hi, MD.
Very attractive.
I suspect it may be two treble/two bass (LM) reed instrument from the early 1950s exhibiting "ambitious " registrations.
The styling is too "rounded " for the 1970s.
Accordions tended to echo the motor cars of their day in overall stylistic influences.
There's one caveat that applies to these instruments with transparenty-gold glittery keyboards and bass buttons: pretty though it may be, the glittery material can sometimes be rather unstable and crumble away.
Good luck with it anyway!๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
Hi, MD.
Very attractive.
I suspect it may be two treble/two bass (LM) reed instrument from the early 1950s exhibiting "ambitious " registrations.
Accordions tended to echo the motor cars of their day in overall stylistic influences.
There's one caveat that applies to these instruments with transparenty-gold glittery keyboards and bass buttons: pretty though it may be, the glittery material can sometimes be rather unstable and crumble away.
Thanks Dingo!

Hi, MD.
Very attractive.
Yes, this looks suspiciously similar to my first 120 bass accordion that I had in the late 1960's and it was already a well used and loved model. My keyboard was red and white.

Back