• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Looking for another challenge?πŸ€”πŸ™‚

Great find Mr. Dingo. A cross between the fiddle, pipes, and keyboard... especially good for the clì-làmhach, like me. I think that would be quite a lot of fun and straightforward to get a tune out of... I can certainly envisage me playing the tune Father John MacMillan of Barra on one, no bother. :)

I have a kit to build one, I just need to get around to putting it together! It's made by Jaap Brand in the Netherlands, and is really quite well-regarded as a decent instrument at a very good price - that is, if you build it properly. They laser cut and 3D print all the parts so it's a lot cheaper than using solid wood etc., and the files are also open source so if you have access to all the tools and materials you can make your own kit free of charge!

I have a kit to build one, I just need to get around to putting it together! It's made by Jaap Brand in the Netherlands, and is really quite well-regarded as a decent instrument at a very good price

That looks pretty good - I see a winter project coming up! Currently I use accordion to approximate a hurdy-gurdy sound in our band. But I have to multi-track it. However, the drummer could play hurdy gurdy live... :unsure:

Back