• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Scandalli No 721/68 - Looking for more information

cmead626

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Scandalli accordion and would like to find out more about it. It has 120 buttons, 41 keys, and 11 key switches.
Does anyone know what model this accordion is? Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8353.JPG
    IMG_8353.JPG
    512.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8356.JPG
    IMG_8356.JPG
    461.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8366.JPG
    IMG_8366.JPG
    460.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8363 2.JPG
    IMG_8363 2.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 8
Maybe someone on this forum knows better but my best guess it was an intermediate grade instrument with an impressive feature set (4 sets of treble reeds LMMH) from a reputable builder in the late 60s early 70s. It’s at an age where condition may be an issue. I’m not sure what your intent is but I would recommend getting it checked out by a reputable repair person.

Thank you for your reply. I plan on selling this accordion. My goal is to find more information for the buyer. Thanks again

I seem to remember an acquaintance owning one of these in the late 1950s.🤔
There was a whole "family" of these in different tunings: LMH, LMMM, LMMH. I think the series was called "Gold Serie" 🤫
I have one such in LMMM with "quint " tuning.
One potential design fault with this series was the pallets are attached to the key rods with attachments made of a rubber like compound which tends to harden with age, becomes brittle and fall apart.🙂
There are several threads describing various practical handyman techniques for reattaching the pallets to the rods.
Here's a 3 voiced example for sale:
Here's one in red:
In black and gold (3 voices) being demonstrated:
There's many more!😳

Last edited:
Back