• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Information on Hohner Accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YD4210

Reaction score
I’ll apologize in advance because I’m sure these type threads get old.
A relative has come across this accordion and given it to me to get info on since I play some string instruments but I know nothing about accordions.
So here is what I’ve gathered so far from this site and the attached hohner thread above
I think it a “ piano” style 41 Keys 120 buttons
All the keys seem to work I was able to play a simple version of basic melody’s. I know there could some issues with reeds or other mechanical issues
Any thoughts on what we have here? A ballpark range on the value?
Let me know if there is other information I left out
I’ll attached pictures

Attachments

• 197ED8F4-4298-4F0A-8A63-799D95ECACAB.jpeg
    197ED8F4-4298-4F0A-8A63-799D95ECACAB.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 30
  • B681FC6C-5516-4DCA-A324-5B4F3AE5D5DC.jpeg
    B681FC6C-5516-4DCA-A324-5B4F3AE5D5DC.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Accordions are special. Not only do the vast majority of accordions over 40+ years have low intrinsic market value (there are exceptions, of course), the condition of an accordion deteriorates due to use and often, way quicker, due to non-use. Meaning, those accordions stored in a closet or attic are not safe, they are basically slowly rotting away.

Outside most look good, but the true value of an accordion (like the true value of a car), is under the hood... in this case, inside the case of the accordion. If one sees evidence of a musty smell, mold, rust, water/humidity damage, etc... are the big killers.

Sadly, this accordion falls in the "even if in really good condition, its not all that valuable, and will likely require corrective work that exceeds it's market value to make playable". Of course, that is a guess... we cannot see inside it, but after seeing hundreds of similar cases... well, that is how the vast majority are.

Thanks, Thats what I thought the case might be. Upon playing it a little more I have found a couple keys that sound "Faint/weak" which I think means a repair would be needed so it might be on the lower side of the value anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back