• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Information on serial numbers of Hohner GOLA models

Tony G

Reaction score
Hi...
I'm working on a Hohner GOLA 414 from the 1950's. I'm looking for any leads on the series of serial numbers on GOLA models.

Thanks.

Hi Tony
All I know is that there's no consistency in the numbering scheme.
It's not the same as with Hammond organs where you can roughly conclude the manufacturing date from the ser.-no.

If you want to know its lineage a LITTLE BIT, send the serial number with 30 euro and a few pics to Hohner, you get a certificate with some info.

All Gola except the first half dozen or so are all commissioned instruments. I’m going to Trossingen in September to personally pick up my certificate from Hohner for my Gola 459 and 3 other Hohner boxes. :)

PS, unless I miss my guess, I know who the Gola you are working on currently belongs to. ;)

Last edited:
If you want to know its lineage a LITTLE BIT, send the serial number with 30 euro and a few pics to Hohner, you get a certificate with some info.

All Gola except the first half dozen or so are all commissioned instruments. I’m going to Trossingen in September to personally pick up my certificate from Hohner for my Gola 459 and 3 other Hohner boxes. :)

PS, unless I miss my guess, I know who the Gola you are working on currently belongs to. ;)
Jerry,
Thanks for this tip. I've written to Hohner to inquire as to the process.
Thanks again.
Tony G

Jerry,
Thank you for sharing the story about acquiring your GOLA 459. It is sad and very concerning that Hohner sold YOUR GOLA 454 out from under you (and your parents). I very much appreciate that your parents were so supportive that they went to all that trouble and expense to support your dream.
I used to know the Hohner technician who worked on Long Island. Unfortunately I cannot recall his name right now (maybe you know him?...is it Bob Morch or Mork?) In any case, I know that he had the highest regard Venanzio Morino and the best of the instruments that bear his name. I used to own a Morino XD (C system chromatic/flat keyboard; tone chamber; 4 reeds; 185 bass w/bassetti).
Anyway, thank you for your story. I hope your 459 is all you could want.
Tony G

I’m not sad about not getting a 454 at 13 years old, when one door closes another opens. In this case it gave me the chance to have a piece of Morino’s works via my MORINO VI N.

1713785352399.jpeg

I made my dream of having a Gola happen, it was a great life experience, and that’s not over yet too, and yes, it may be a bit late, but it is all that I wanted and more. :)

I don’t know the Hohner tech in Long Island, I was not very involved with anything accordion related outside of Quebec growing up. :)

Back