• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

How many accordions do you own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valde002

Reaction score
I have 3 accordions. I like to play certain types of music on one kind, and others on the other. I have 2 musette tuned (one Continental Musette and one that was LMMH but modified to be +18 cents) and I like to play French, Irish, Italian and polkas on them. For the dry tuned accordion I play Russian, showtunes and jazz. Thinking about getting a stroller type that is lighter for standing, as I mostly sit.

Does anyone have different accordions for different needs? What is the average number of accordions that people on this forum have, and why?

Currently I have only one accordion but it’s big, heavy and hard to play while standing or traveling. Am looking for a second lighter one I can stroll and travel with and perhaps a CBA to mess with.

(This has been surveyed before, but that was on the old forum, so it's nice to start a new thread about this.)
My number should be divided by 2 because both my wife and I play. Between us we have four piano accordions (2 good ones, a Hohner Verdi V and a Crucianelli Super Video, 1 freebie old bugger (Bianco Freres) and 1 small 40 bass Crucianelli), four button accordions (1 Bugari 508/ARS/C, 1 Bugari 540/ARS/C, 1 Hohner Artiste XS and 1 AKKO Super deluxe) and 1 bass accordion (Pigini C39). Some would say it's overkill... but really only the PA's are overkill as we don't play PA any more. We have had several other accordions but in the end settled on the button accordions we have as they are as good as they get for the budget we were willing to spend. They should last us a lifetime (for us hopefully between 20 and 30 years).

I own 3, all in the name of lightness :  a Brandoni Piccolo 72 bass which I love, a Weltmeister 72 bass for long days and strolling around and a Stelvio Sterne C/G diatonic which has become the love of my life.

I've now got 2 Piatanesi, a full sized and a 72 bass for standing and strolling, a Della Noce organetto, a Hohner Corona, and a bunch of small sized or waiting for repairs. I play mostly the 72 bass, would be the one on the island.

I just realized that accordion players are a bit like car nuts, er, enthusiasts in the United States. Never been to an accordion festival but imagine it must be like a combination folk music festival, summer classical concert, antique car show, and Accordion NAMM all in one. Pretty good!

3 and a 1/2. I share a Delicia 26/48 with my wife hence the half. Otherwise I have a Fantini 30/72, a very fine VIgnoni 34/96 musette and I was lucky enough to take delivery of a Moreschi Agile 37/96 double octave last week.  I gather it is completely built in Italy unlike the Moreschi student range which is far eastern in origin. I think it will prove to be an excellent instrument.

At one point there were 5 PA's and 6 diatonic accordions in the house. The diatonics belong to my wife.

At present, I have only two.  I have an Armoniosa (made by Cooperfisa) with Master Midi and a Roland FR-4x.  

I'm very curious about a supposed project in the works by the Bugari EVO division of a 37/96 which is supposed to be announced next January (who knows when or even if it will be released.)  It's supposed to have no Roland parts, with all electronics and traditional accordion elements made in Italy.  I base my curiosity on having seen and played a Bugari EVO last summer and thinking that it was a good start with a lot of potential for the company, but nothing that I'd want to purchase.

I too have only 2:
- Bugari 115 Artist with beautiful rhinestones
- Weltmeister Unisella
(both with microphones)

Too many!

My first ever accordion I got was a Titano  when I was 4:
1.jpg

My second accordion, a Scandalli that  I got at 9 years old:
2.jpg

My sisters accordion I inherited from my sister who moved from accordion to drums, but I never played it too much:
3.jpg

At age 13, I moved to the classical world:
6.jpg

I then moved to the electrical accordion world, the Iorio/Elka S3:
4.jpg

I then moved to the latest generation (at the time), Elka 83 with Cassotto:
5.jpg

I them went to the state of the art fully digital world, the Roland FR-8X:
7.jpg

... and finally bought this tiny beauty for fun and pleasure in the Free Bass world, a Hohner FB36:
8.jpg

I also have an old Finzi that my uncle gave to me for a parts accordion, to make a tuner from and to learn about repair... which I havent even really touched yet.  Its so ratty that I wont bother posting a pic of... lol

JerryPH said:
Too many!
That seems like a very accurate description indeed, just like my "collection".
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know you had two more electronic accordions before moving on to the Roland.
And good to see that your Morino VI N is one from the later series that have normal black keys. (The earlier ones had narrow black keys.)
(The later series is also the one of which a few hundred or maybe thousand copies are known as the "klebemorino" but I guess yours
is not from that set or you would have mentioned it at some point in time.)

Seems like most of my customers have 2-3, a stroller and a heavier professional instrument.

Hi Valde002,

1) Hohner Arietta 120/41 ........ a grand old instrument from the early fifties. (still much younger than me)

2) Chanson 72 Bass ......... a fine example of Chinese ingenuity and engineering prowess. Great in folk clubs.

3) Galotta 12 Bass ......... ideal for banging out simple little folk tunes, but with a sweet and quite mellow sound.

The total cost for all three instruments was slightly less than £350. (one was a gift)

What they bring me: fun, laughter, great friends, fabulous days and evenings of music, many community events, satisfaction. What more could I want?

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

I am also part of a ukulele site where lots of folk have like 12 high end ukes and don't even blink. I guess accordions are a bit different, lol. I find that as I explore what kind of music I like to play, I suspect my collection will grow. Plus am always looking out for that white whale- the Titano Emperor

Hohner CORNELIA I 37 treble 3 voices LMM 48 bass
HohnerCorneliaI.jpg

Hohner LUCIA 37 treble 2 voices 48 bass
HohnerLucia.jpg

Hohner PIROL 34 treble 2 voices 24 bass
HohnerPirol.jpg

Hi Valde002,

I also have 3 instruments:

1/ Delicia Carlo (37/96, LMM – dry tuning)- I got it from my parents as a 9-years-old: I use it today for “undemanding events” and for playing together with another instruments in a band. Good also for jazz. Weight: 9.5 Kg.
Delicia Carlo.jpg

2/ Lignatone Melodia II (36/80, LMM –wet tuning with ca. 24 cent tremolo, Weight: 7.5 Kg): weddings, family entertainment, folk music (Czech and Slovakian). It's very light Instrument and I love its sound.
Lignatone.jpg

3/ Delicia Dineta: (45/100+57, LMMH, dry tuning, cassotto) for more demanding music, requiring a greater tonal range of the instrument (Weight 12.6 Kg.)
Delicia Dineta.jpg

Kind Regards, Vladimir

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment I have 15 piano accordions! Some good ones, some not so good ones, some new last year and some a bit older. I’m trying to reduce the amount as I really don’t have space (or a need) for so many of them. But they are all different and have their own unique ‘personalities’.

Out of all of them my favourites are the 34 key/72 or 96 bass size ones. 

Im on the look out for just one more- a Fantini SP30T, second hand in good condition if anyone knows of one going... :)

At the moment I have 15 piano accordions! Some good ones, some not so good ones, some new last year and some a bit older. I’m trying to reduce the amount as I really don’t have space (or a need) for so many of them. But they are all different and have their own unique ‘personalities’.

Out of all of them my favourites are the 34 key/72 or 96 bass size ones. 

Im on the look out for just one more- a Fantini SP30T, second hand in good condition if anyone knows of one going... :)

Will never catch up to JerryPH or Neoscan, but even though I have three, I keep looking.
Mine are so different from each other that I really do play differently on each. I mainly compose and improvise, because that's an addiction I haven't been able to shake, because I don't want to shake it. It also stops people from making requests....because I haven't really learned many tunes.
If I were to predict what my kids will have to inherit and sell, I'd say 4 accordions. The next will be a new one or one a few years old. It will be a 120 bass LMMH, easy to play, with the MM tuned to a nice musette sound, 440, not too ugly, 27-28 pounds or less.

27 or 28 pounds!  Yeah, be sure go get and use them while you are young for you won’t want them  that heavy when you get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back