• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

How many accordions do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

I currently own a 111 bass and a 32 bass I’m considering buying a vintage santianelli 120 bass if I can find one

In the past I’ve owned a 12 bass firotti 32 bass barcarole and another 111 bass from a friend however didn’t know the condition of it and so bought one instead bit of a shame though when he first gave it to me it played really well although within the second day of using it , it broke and sounded more like a maracker lol

Way too many than I should have. All second hand boxes, from thrift shop auction to eBay and online LibertyBellows. I tried to fix some of those older boxes the best I could with various level of success. Just donated several back to the local charities because I am running out of room to put them. Love them all! Mostly I prefer the full size boxes for their substantial and richer sound. When I start pulling the bellows I am in a different world. Played other instruments for much longer. But the accordion has the magic for me. Sad thing is around my household and in this area, I am the only one like the sound of accordion. Well, it is what it is. {} :ch

Technically, three CBAs, but only two that count - a 48-bass Hohner Amati for Morris, and a 78-bass Pigini C37 for everything else.

The 3-row Weltmeister 80-bass B-system is waiting to get new couplers so we can sell it.

Four - see signature below.

Attachments

• Wife.JPG
    Wife.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,434
The question has been asked before... but the answers do change of course!
My wife and I both play so we should divide by 2 to see how many per person ;-)
We have 4 CBA's (including a bayan), 1 CBA bass accordion, and we used to have 2 functional PA's and one old barrel, but now we also "inherited" my sister's old PA which smells very strongly of smoke. (She was a heavy smoker and despite the accordion being in its case for almost all the time it is pretty bad...)
The "alternative" question is how many accordions you use regularly. That number is 4 in our case. My wife uses 2 CBA's (because of two locations) and I use the bayan and the bass accordion.

Paul,
The smoke is sure- fire insurance against moths (which love all the lovely felt bits inside the accordion) !<EMOJI seq="1f642">?</EMOJI>
I still have an old Busillachio which must have belonged to an old chain smoker: it continued to reek of tobacco smoke for years but, even though it had no protective case, there was no sign of moths. The base board was stained yellow from nicotine, but responded to rubbing with toothpaste on a rag, though you can still see some staining in strong light.

Too many of course. Started a little over two years ago and have owned a total of 12 including the wee toy diatonic I scored for 5$ at a bargain place just before xmas. I am now owning a total of 9. Still too many. One is for parts for use with an ambitious chord organ project I have. Still too many. Does the chord organ count as 1? Still too many. Ideally 2 should suffice and I thought this was going to be a 96 and 80 bass that I already have, but now that I have experienced a B-Button stradella as well as the toy Diatonic I am not so sure. Dang ol, too many choices.

I picked up these two a couple days ago at 100$ for the pair. One came with a hard case that is probably worth the hundred alone - or so I keep telling myself. Both had only minor issues aside form the fact the leathers are a little gurgly. I will be selling the Royal Standard after I fix a couple minor issues it has and will probably eventually sell the other (Kremmine? - russian?) as it is also not a high quality item, but fun to actually try out a button unit as there are not many around here at all. It is nice and loud with plenty o bass!

My favourites are my old Honers for their loud bass and rich musette, and my Lignatone because it is an amazing shade of green (and sounds good of course). :b

Attachments

• Kremmine.jpg
    Kremmine.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 1,249
  • Royal Standard.jpg
    Royal Standard.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 1,247
Currently... 3
1 works, La Tosca
1 half works, ACME
1 is in pieces and being repaired. Lira

I currently own 1, my morino VC. I have been through 8 instruments that are sold now except for one that i use for scraps :)

wout post_id=54854 time=1517303640 user_id=1654 said:
I currently own 1, my morino VC. I have been through 8 instruments that are sold now except for one that i use for scraps :)
This is impressive. You must have a strong-willed wife.

Let me see (C system unless noted differently): a 5-reed Hohner Morino Club N in CF (anybody interested?), a 2-reed Hohner Amati IIIM, 34 buttons or so, 48 basses (anybody interested?), a 2-reed Maugein, 80 basses, a 4-reed Excelsior with Midi 120 basses (anybody interested?), a Roland FR-1b 72 basses, a Solton MS80 arranger with accordion keyboard (anybody interested?), a 4-reed Morino Artiste VID (anybody interested?), a 4-reed specially-built Morino with additional free bass. Oh, there is also some small scrap (unplayable) piano accordion as decoration.

A permanent loan to my niece Capriole 4-reed 37-key PA (East German, probably from the 60s). And I actually sold two other PA instruments. One pretty soonish, a 4-reed 41-key Universum Elegance, and a 3-reed 41-key Contello. Oh, and some time I even had a Hohner Electra electronic organ (dont even remember whether PA or CBA) I sold off soonish enough, ironically probably for less than the included accordion stand alone would fetch these days.

So my record of selling instruments is quite worse than at getting them, and I might have only sold piano accordions. No wait, there was a 2-reed B system Bayan (Rubin 6 I think) and a 3-reed Hohner Musette IV? Either of which I sold pretty soon after getting them.

Man, what a heap.

it's kinda fun
but annoying
at the same time
I'm trying to get a nice
one but because another
one pops up I can't help myself
i've sold 2 in the past and
currently own 2 as I have 4
italy ones and 1 russian
(broken key springs?)

everytime I buy one I play
it so it's not wasteful but
because I also collect
them I forget how much
I'm spending

Geronimo post_id=54860 time=1517315755 user_id=2623 said:
wout post_id=54854 time=1517303640 user_id=1654 said:
This is impressive. You must have a strong-willed wife.

Haha I am not married (yet) but I must admit my girlfriend sometimes got a bit crazy of them laying around xD. But most I had at the same time was 3 instruments.

Good news it appears I sold the red one :b Now I have only the black one to let go but I've grown emotionally attached to it.

Attachments

• 20171207_141429.jpg
    20171207_141429.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 20180127_131617.jpg
    20180127_131617.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 1,068
Sold the Royal Standard so down to 8. Plan to give away the toy diatonic this weekend so down to 7. Still 5 too many.

Decided against selling black Concerto. So I'll end up with 3 and 2 melodeons.

jozz post_id=55217 time=1518011967 user_id=2600 said:
Decided against selling black Concerto. So Ill end up with 3 and 2 melodeons.

are cajun melodeons
the same as organetto

Basically yes, although the cajun box I think should strictly be a one-row, and the italian organetto might be either one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back