• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner normal treble overhaul

greenbaum

Reaction score
איזה כיף שיש פורום כזה.
יש לי אקורדיון קונצ'רטו 2 של הוהנר בן כמה עשורים. בילדותי ציפו ממני להתמיד בלימוד הנגינה, אז כמובן שהתנגדתי... היום, אחרי כמה שנים, התחברתי מחדש לאקורדיון. אני משחק וגם מטפל בזה. סתמתי כמה חורים נפשו ממסמרים ארוכים מדי שמישהו דחף לתוך גוף העץ, ועוד. להפתעתי, רבים מהקנים היו במצב טוב כפי שתראו בתמונה. אבל הכיסוי של הטרבל באמת נהרס. האם אפשר להשיג כיסוי כזה או שאפשר לבנות אותו בעצמי? למעשה אני צריך איזושהי רשת זהב קשיחה אך גמישה יכולה להתכופף. אשמח לכל עצה.20240219_090512.jpg20240219_090912.jpg

Last edited:
איזה כיף שיש פורום כזה.
יש לי אקורדיון קונצ'רטו 2 של הוהנר בן כמה עשורים. בילדותי ציפו ממני להתמיד בלימוד הנגינה, אז כמובן שהתנגדתי... היום, אחרי כמה שנים, התחברתי מחדש לאקורדיון. אני משחק וגם מטפל בזה. סתמתי כמה חורים נפשו ממסמרים ארוכים מדי שמישהו דחף לתוך גוף העץ, ועוד. להפתעתי, רבים מהקנים היו במצב טוב כפי שתראו בתמונה. אבל הכיסוי של הטרבל באמת נהרס. האם אפשר להשיג כיסוי כזה או שאפשר לבנות אותו בעצמי? למעשה אני צריך איזושהי רשת זהב קשיחה אך גמישה יכולה להתכופף. אשמח לכל עצה.20240219_090512.jpg20240219_090912.jpg
Hi,
Please post in English. I have translated the above for you:

"How fun to have such a forum.
I have a Hohner Concerto 2 accordion that is several decades old. As a child I was expected to persevere in learning to play the instrument, so of course I resisted... Today, after a few years, I reconnected with the accordion. I play and also take care of it. I patched up a few holes from nails that were too long that someone had driven into the body of the tree, and more. To my surprise, many of the nests were in good condition as you will see in the picture. But the cover of the treble is really destroyed. Is it possible to get such a cover or can I build it myself? Actually I need some kind of rigid but flexible gold mesh that can bend. I would appreciate any advice."

Welcome Greenbaum! Good to hear you are enjoying your accordion again. You might ask here if anyone has a used treble grille that you can purchase. Otherwise, making a new one seems possible. Good luck!

Back