• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Is This A Hohner Lombardi?

Reaction score
Got this in today. It is in exceptional condition. Needs some key work . I haven’t opened it up yet. “Larry” put his name in gold letters. I cannot make out the original Hohner model name that was originally on it. I can see some indentions in the celluloid where letters were under the larry name but not well enough to recognize what was originally there.

Is this a Hohner Lombardi or maybe a Carmen? Hohner made in Germany is on the back. Original curved top case is excellent. What year is this from. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 13
Found this pic of a unit called a Hohner Alpine Carmen. It does not have the white stripes the black keys have on the unit that I have, but the decorations are similar.

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 3
Found this pic of a unit called a Hohner Alpine Carmen. It does not have the white stripes the black keys have on the unit that I have, but the decorations are similar.

JimD would be able to tell you, but he seems to have disappeared.
I do hope that all is well with that most generous gentleman.

Back