• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner Concerto - worth getting as a second instrument or ke

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben_H

So I have a Hohner Student VM 48.

My next purchase was planned to be a Weltmeister Achat when I can save the cash. I want a 72 bass and longer term, more voices and LMM tuning. I have however got my eye on a Hohner Concerto (2 voice) which could feasibly bridge the gap, enabling me to play the tunes I want to in keys I cannot manage on the 48 bass. I could then trade it in at a later stage for the Welti. What do people think about the Concerto as an instrument?

it`s excellent so long as its in good working order and cheap to put right if its not ...... you may find that you won`t bother with the Achat after getting it .

It's the one I went for after trawling through information and opinion on this forum. It was that or a Hohner Arietta, and the Concerto came up first for a steal.

i have a concerto iii as my main instrument

it replaced a welty 80 bass and is better quality and better all round (although i miss the bass end sounds of this particular welty :( )

The Achat is a lot better than the older 80s etc weltmeisters - they`re now up to concerto quality for playability and sound . though they DO use too much plastic in the build such as plastic bass reedblocks and nylon gussets , the little 72 bass CBA currently in production has about 75% plastic bass mech and the rear soundboard is plastic too , I`d think the Achat would be made the same .

The Concerto II and Arietta-1 are the same accordion , they changed the name during production so you can even see two identical boxes, with each name .

the Achat better than the 80s Weltmeisters?? Really. My friend had the old weltmeister suits S5 and it was a splendid instrument and with double cassotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back